Classy budget-friendly sheath dresses?

serafina

Aug 15, 2009
Ok ladies, a little help here please! I'm a bit on the heavier side, 5'7 and fit into a size 10-12 usually (mostly because of my legs.) My birthday's coming up as well as a number of bridal showers for my sister. I find that sheath dresses - the ones that hit the knee or just below it - flatter my figure the most (I have terrible knocked knees). Half sleeves or quarter length are even better, but if all else fails, I dont hate my arms enough to throw sleeveless out the window.

Can you wonderful girlies here recommend some nice sheath dresses that are stylish and pretty but NOT over the moon expensive? I can appreciate a good Macy's or Banana Republic dress... not looking for the Gucci and whatever high end stuff is out there. LOL.

Thanks in advance? Pics and links would be AWESOME!

Nicole Miller is a master of figure-flattering sheath dresses. There are several nice ones on Nordstrom.com, but here is just a sampling of my faves (all from Nordstrom.com....accessible via entering "Nicole Miller" in their search bar):

_6016499.jpg

I actually have this one and it is stupendously flattering (and on sale!):
_5905702.jpg

_5917041.jpg

ooh thanks for the quick reply and helpful suggestions!

I LOVE the blue one... thats in my top three fave color category right now... i just wish it were a tad bit longer... I like my knees to be covered. I'm gonna go check out the site... maybe they have something closer to the length Ive got in mind. THANKS!!!!

Omg just checked it out and immediately fell in love with this

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2970129...=related&cm_Sp=Related-Items-_-Product-_-Auto

Last edited: