Books & Music Classical Music?

HAHAHAHA. I sounded really stupid last night cos there was a commercial for the new Hyundai Genesis Coupe during the Oscars, and I never told my friends that my nickname for Yo-Yo Ma is Yo Mama. So, when his song came on in the background during the commercial I yelled, "YO MAMA!" And my friends died.

LOL I've been tempted to say that too! That's a funny story. :nuts:

Classical music saved my sanity.

I put this in another thread, but here goes:

One night in September I was on the subway coming home from work. I was two stops away when an announcement came on saying that after this next stop the subway will be out of service due to . . . . something having to do with the mechanisms or signal damage or something.

The odd thing is, I was completely zen during the entire thing. During the long (long, long, long) line, I read some of my book and then I put on my classical playlist and just made sure I was listening to soothing, happy classical pieces. So, you know, no Flight of the Valkyries.

About an hour and a half later, I was finally able to board a bus to head home.

It wasn't even until just before the bus came did I feel some discomfort for standing for so long. Other than that it was just me listening to the violins and mandolins thinking things like, "This breeze is nice."

I just figured there was no point in getting frustrated about this. The TTC people and the police were doing the best they can. Besides, having all that unnecessary rage is just plain unhealthy.

I think I got through today with a combination of making a decision not to stress over things I can't control and soothing music.

The Great American Composer Aaron Copland

American Classics

"This collection is devoted specifically to works inspired by the spacious landscape of the American prairie."

It is very moving and you can just imagine the scenary in your mind.

IN case you are not familiar with his work, Hoedown, is used in the "Beef, it's what for dinner" commercial.