Classic Round Diamond Studs - Yellow or White Gold

daisy.b55

Aug 16, 2017
Hi! I received .25 ct diamond studs (.50ctw) for Christmas. I got them with a gold setting, which is what I usually go for. Do you think white gold would make them look/sparkle more?

also - do you think it’s worth me upgrading to .50ct/1ctw? They look fine from up close, but want to make sure I make the right choice.

fyi - I’m going with lab made diamonds from VRAI. Any recs on these?

I would go for the biggest size you feel comfortable with and go with white gold. Make sure the cut is excellent. Cut is what makes the diamond sparkle.

For me, I can never sleep comfortably in any earrings of any size. I always take them out before bed.

PS - Also, make sure whatever size diamond you pick looks good on your ear. I can't go too small because the earring gets lost in my piercing and doesn't sit right. If it's too big, then it's really uncomfortable and hangs off my ear weird.

Good luck in your search and please post pics! :smile:

See attached images of the .25ct/.50ctw. It was har capturing them on, but let me know your thoughts. I typically go for pretty dainty jewelry. Do you think I could size up on the ears? Or just go with white gold instead on the same size? Thank you all!

PS: Excuse the messy hair. :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_9954.jpg
    IMG_9954.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_9959.jpg
    IMG_9959.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_9955.jpg
    IMG_9955.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 145
Sooo... I ended up going to Nordstrom and trying some on. I left purchasing the Bony Levy .50cttw with the white gold and really liked them. They had a great sparkle to them and liked how they looked better on my ears.

I'm planning on upgrading them to the .75cttw pair once they go on sale with their 25% off as they have an exchange program, which is great! I think .75cttw is my perfect size for me as the 1cttw would be too flashy for my personal taste.

You all were right about the white gold, definitely reflects much better.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have experience with Bony Levy? I've heard good things so far!

Reactions: etudes
Sooo... I ended up going to Nordstrom and trying some on. I left purchasing the Bony Levy .50cttw with the white gold and really liked them. They had a great sparkle to them and liked how they looked better on my ears.

I'm planning on upgrading them to the .75cttw pair once they go on sale with their 25% off as they have an exchange program, which is great! I think .75cttw is my perfect size for me as the 1cttw would be too flashy for my personal taste.

You all were right about the white gold, definitely reflects much better.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have experience with Bony Levy? I've heard good things so far!

Good choice! Bony Levy is a good brand. Their diamonds are really nice and Nordstrom has great customer service. Please show a pic of your earrings if you can! They must be gorgeous!