Classic bag or classic watch?

Chanel WOC is my smallest bag but I hardly ever use it. I leave a credit card, money and key in it so if I just want to pop out to the shop it's handy.

At any other time I'd need something far bigger ;) I definitely don't usually leave the house without everything I could possible need for several days. :lolots: I wish I could manage with less but it just doesn't work.................I need to cover even contingency. :biggrin:

Haha! We are so off topic. Sorry OP.

I understand though, I remember when I first had my little girl. I was carrying around so much stuff. I like she has gotten older and no more baby bags. Haha! I just let her have a tiny little backpack. hehe! But Chanel WOC is so chic. I want one. :smile: It is definitely a bag to have for some occasions. :smile: But that is a little to small for me even. Hugs!

ETA: My emoticons don't work on my work computer for some reason.

Keep the watch. I had a Chanel Jumbo and was underwhelmed with it. Took a loss on it. I thought it was ridiculously huge on me? Have you tried it on yet. I have a mini Chanel and I more prefer the medium size. Good luck, but I would keep the watch, such a beauty.

Is the medium related to the 2.66 size? I was worried that the jumbo looked big on me, but the reviews I watched said they couldn't fit everyday things into anything smaller than a jumbo so I was worried. I prefer the look of smaller bags.

I usually carry my cles, phone lipstick, and a cosmetic case full of "just in case". I would like to start carrying water with me but I'm paranoid about it spilling.

When I need to carry my electronics then that's when I carry more of the "kitchen sink" kind of deal because I usually camp out for a while doing my work lol.

Last edited:
What did you decide LVoeletters? I'm sure we'd all love to know.

I agree it's best to try the Chanel flap and really have a think about what size is right for you and what you will use it for. I think the Jumbo only overwhelms if you are shorter, having said that I've seen some very petite girls looking absolutely stunning wearing theirs. :biggrin:.

I have a medium and love it but I only carry as an evening bag or when I need to travel light. It doesn't hold enough for me to use as anything more, I usually end up trying to decide what to take out to get the essentials in :nuts: the Jumbo would have been a better size for me but then I wouldn't have used it in the evening :lol:

How much do you carry day to day?

I haven't decided yet. I change my mind everyday lol.

Is the medium related to the 2.66 size? I was worried that the jumbo looked big on me, but the reviews I watched said they couldn't fit everyday things into anything smaller than a jumbo so I was worried. I prefer the look of smaller bags.

I usually carry my cles, phone lipstick, and a cosmetic case full of "just in case". I would like to start carrying water with me but I'm paranoid about it spilling.

When I need to carry my electronics then that's when I carry more of the "kitchen sink" kind of deal because I usually camp out for a while doing my work lol.

I think it is. I don't know a ton about the reissue. I think the major thing with the Chanel Jumbo is the length of the bag. When I turned sideways, it just stuck out from both sides, like it is a long bag, but has little depth. So most are right, you can't fit a ton in it. But it still looks like a big bag if that makes sense.

I just got a little square mini, that fits nothing. But I got it anyway because it was too cute to pass up. I tried on a rectangular mini and it was perfect for me.

I carry a Balenciaga Case, LV Zippy Compact, Chanel Card Case, LV coin purse and one makeup compact. I don't usually touchup during the day. And my gloss is in the Balenciaga. So I know all this will fit in the medium, because it tried it too. Maybe go to the boutique and try all your stuff out. Good luck.

You may love the Jumbo, but from what I know about you, you are also petite. So I guess you will not know until you try. You may be one of those petite girls that looks amazing with the Jumbo.

Haha! Why am I rambling...avoiding work.

I think it is. I don't know a ton about the reissue. I think the major thing with the Chanel Jumbo is the length of the bag. When I turned sideways, it just stuck out from both sides, like it is a long bag, but has little depth. So most are right, you can't fit a ton in it. But it still looks like a big bag if that makes sense.

I just got a little square mini, that fits nothing. But I got it anyway because it was too cute to pass up. I tried on a rectangular mini and it was perfect for me.

I carry a Balenciaga Case, LV Zippy Compact, Chanel Card Case, LV coin purse and one makeup compact. I don't usually touchup during the day. And my gloss is in the Balenciaga. So I know all this will fit in the medium, because it tried it too. Maybe go to the boutique and try all your stuff out. Good luck.

You may love the Jumbo, but from what I know about you, you are also petite. So I guess you will not know until you try. You may be one of those petite girls that looks amazing with the Jumbo.

Haha! Why am I rambling...avoiding work.

We are extremely similar! It's funny you say that because originally I was considering the mini bc I wanted a cross body that I could run around doing errands with/go to dinner. But again those reviews said that the square mini would fit more but I preferred the look of the rectangle. I should have tried the rectangle on. I'm going to go back and look at the flap sizes and what it looks like on me. Thanks for the heads up about the jumbo.

I never carry a lot but when the bag can't fit more than the basics I freak out thinking about the "one time" I'm going to need to fill it up lol. That day hasn't come yet lol. I'm going to go back and research the medium size. I definitely prefer bags to look proportional to my body.

This is my jumbo before I sold it. I consigned it at Anns within a few months of buying. So you can see. I truly felt like I was carrying my moms bag! No offense to anyone meant at all. Some people look amazing with this bag, I just wasn't one of them.

But is was a beauty. I hope these pics help.

wow thanks so much for the gracious pictures! You are always so helpful to me!! I didn't realize how far out the jumbo juts out--thanks for showing me this. I think you have convinced me that I may not be picking the size thats best suited for my body type. I hate living so far from the boutiques now, hopefully I can squeeze in a visit this or next month!

wow thanks so much for the gracious pictures! You are always so helpful to me!! I didn't realize how far out the jumbo juts out--thanks for showing me this. I think you have convinced me that I may not be picking the size thats best suited for my body type. I hate living so far from the boutiques now, hopefully I can squeeze in a visit this or next month!

Your more than welcome. I am glad it helped, being petite we have to sometimes be careful with bags wearing us! Haha!

i think since you already have the smaller version of your hg watch, i would recommend that you save for your hg bag.

I'd probably choose the bag since you currently have the smaller version of the watch, but I'm not sure the Jumbo is what I'd choose. I had a difficult time with Chanel cf sizes. I was wanting the Reissue and found the 225 too small and the 226 looked way too big on me. Jumbo looked ridiculously oversized. I ended up with a Medium Lady Dior and I'm ecstatic with that beautidul classic. I think classic, iconic bags are always worth their price tag, but it must be the right one.

Last edited: