CL Hall of Shame! Post fakes here!

I just got DUPED by a clever fake (Door Knock 120) on Ebay. Seller is advancebuy

The ad shows a variety of pics, with different pitches. See pic 1. The steep pitch pics were taken off the web (Shoerazzi's Rita Ora pic, Louboutin ad). The lower pitch is of the actual shoe, it is professional shot (with white background). No pics with a "real world" background like messy bedroom

I didn't get a true 120, the heel measures only 4.4" tall). See 2nd pic, where I compare it to a Eklectica 120 (variant of So Kate). The Eklektica 120 has a noticeably higher heel (5.25"). The shoe I got is like a Door Knock 100.

The shoe didn't have obvious red-flag

1) poor underneath
fakey Louboutin emblem or fakey red color. It looks quite authentic..the FAKES are getting THAT GOOD!

There WAS a red-flag for me

1) the non low-cut at toe-box side
Door Knock is variant of So Kate, which is low-cut. See SHoerazzi pic of Rita Ora, last pic.

2) didn't have a "real world" pic of the shoe
most ads show a real-world backgrounds

The ad shows varying heel pitches, the 120 "steep pitch" pics are off the web -- Louboutin website, Shoerazzi pic of Rita Ora. The other pics show a lower pitch. I should have spotted this, stupid me!

The kicker was the FAKE label on box. Below is my message to seller. See attached pic.

However, this shoe is a clever FAKE. See last pic, where I compare the shoe box label with that of an authentic Louboutin Tucsick. Your label has

1) square QR scan code
genuine Louboutin boxes don't have this! Neither do any of my other (genuine) Louboutin boxes!

2) FAKEY scan of "Shoerazzi picture of Rita Ora wearing Door Knock"
clear red-flag that this shoe (& shoe-box) is a FAKE. Genuince Louboutin shoe boxes DO NOT use scanned pics from Shoerazzi!!

3) FAKEY text font
the genuine Louboutin label uses smaller higher-qualiyt font.

4) bar code is FAKED
Only ONE number "007160" at top. There should be TWO, longer number below/embedded in bar code

The Tucsick bar code has TWO numbers

"There's a sucker born every minute"
//PT Barnum

Man, I got sucked..by a clever faker! The shoe looks exquisite quality. I just examined it, it looks legit! The box looks real, the shoe bag looks real

I heard about these FAKE designer stuff getting caught by Customs. There is a whole industry devoted to this. I guess the margins are high, if fakes can be cheaply made.

I was surprised to see the seller "advancebuy" have a TON of designer shoes (Louboutins, Jimmy Choo, etc) with nearly 99% approval! I checked 1 of the Loubs, it's clearly FAKE -- bad lines

Same M.O. as my case. Legit pics of shoe taken off Loub website. The pics of the shoe are clearly underwhelming, NOT a sleek/sexy Loub Pigalle

Bottomline:
Other people were FAKED OUT (hundreds!!), and don't realize it! It actually took me awhile to figure it out. The FAKE box label was the straw-that-broke-camels-back. Lesson learned, look for "real world" pics (with real world backgrounds) of the shoe you're buying. I let my guard down, got burned. My own dang fault. Ebay should be able to get me a refund, it was on a CC (who can also get me a refund)

return.jpg

IMG_20201009_103633_1.jpg

s-l500b.jpg

FAKE label.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, a friend of mine sent me a photo of a pair of boots she has just bought and she won't accept that they are fake. The red zipper pull is the first giveaway. I don't own Louboutin (give me Ferragamo and Valentino any day of the week) but I follow trends. I don't think they have ever made this style as they are not the gorgeous So Kate. I am right aren't I?

Attachments

• IMG-20210417-WA0032.jpg
    IMG-20210417-WA0032.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 48
Guys, a friend of mine sent me a photo of a pair of boots she has just bought and she won't accept that they are fake. The red zipper pull is the first giveaway. I don't own Louboutin (give me Ferragamo and Valentino any day of the week) but I follow trends. I don't think they have ever made this style as they are not the gorgeous So Kate. I am right aren't I?

Well, from just looking at the attached picture, I can't rule out authenticity, they look pretty good. I have a CL wallet with a similar zipper pull, also had one in a Sweet Charity bag, and, if I'm not mistaken, the Foresta boot had such a zipper pull, too... I may be wrong and details are hard to see on this picture, but just wanted to throw it out there.

I agree with you. They're fake. The edges of the soles were the first red flag, but then if you zoom in you can see there is a plastic film across the whole sole. Louboutin has never done this, but fakes do it all the time.
The zipper looks like what they use on purses, but I've never seen that style on shoes... I'd think that big honkin' pull whacking against my ankle all day would be seriously annoying.
If your friend likes them though, let her think what she wants to think. Some folks will never be convinced. These are really good fakes and if she enjoys them then let her ignorance be bliss. She'll be in for a bit of a letdown should she try to sell them, but hey, you tried to warn her!
If she does want to know then she should post in the Authentication thread with all the required photos. But she probably won't believe them either ;)