CL Authenticity FAQ: What NOT to Look For!

Thanks ladies ...very helpful indeed. I have one question, having seen your pics of various boxes. I have now received two pairs from two different ebay sellers, where the white Louboutin signature on top of the box is slightly raised. This isn't evident on any of the other boxes in my wardrobe. Do you know whether this is a new thing for CL boxes, or have I been sold fakes? One pair of shoes in particular smells strongly of glue.

Thanks ladies ...very helpful indeed. I have one question, having seen your pics of various boxes. I have now received two pairs from two different ebay sellers, where the white Louboutin signature on top of the box is slightly raised. This isn't evident on any of the other boxes in my wardrobe. Do you know whether this is a new thing for CL boxes, or have I been sold fakes? One pair of shoes in particular smells strongly of glue.

This is normal, but please post pics of the shoes in question in the appropriate thread since authenticity isn't determined based on boxes.

Boxes and Dustbags

Rarely can you judge authenticity by boxes and dustbags, although you can sometimes. Boxes come in different sizes and designs:
boxes1.jpg

boxes2.jpg

The color and font on dustbags can vary quite a bit:
bags.jpg

Sometimes there are also some quality control issues, like a some of the black paint on the side of the soles getting on the bottom or some wrinkling on the soles or elsewhere. These are the sometimes unfortunate consequences of making shoes by hand, not signs of inauthenticity.

As with anything, be careful of listings with multiple sizes, stock/stolen pictures only, questionable feedback, and/or rude or no responses from the seller. Receipts are not a sign of authenticity, nor is a lack of receipt a sign of inauthenticity. The official CL websites are www.christianlouboutin.com and www.christianlouboutin.fr. All other websites with the word "louboutin" in the main address sells fakes!

When in doubt, always check with the ladies here. Hope this helps a bit!

(Special thanks to kaeleigh and meggyg8r for contributing pictures!)
This post just opened my eyes more. Thank you very much

The newer cl's do not come with that stamp underneath the soles. I have indeed seen where the stamp was on the bottom but the vibrant red sole helped me determine their authenticity.the way i am able to discern from real or fake is the way the shoe looks and believe it or not, the box. Louboutin boxes are clean and beautiful when they arrive. The fake boxes have a darker brown color and are all bent up on the corners. Be careful with listings on ebay or another site because sellers with positive feedback sell fakes as well!

The newer cl's do not come with that stamp underneath the soles. I have indeed seen where the stamp was on the bottom but the vibrant red sole helped me determine their authenticity.the way i am able to discern from real or fake is the way the shoe looks and believe it or not, the box. Louboutin boxes are clean and beautiful when they arrive. The fake boxes have a darker brown color and are all bent up on the corners. Be careful with listings on ebay or another site because sellers with positive feedback sell fakes as well!

It's not a good idea to authenticate based on boxes. I have seen both authentic shoes with a fake box and fake shoes with a real box :yes:

it's not a good idea to authenticate based on boxes. I have seen both authentic shoes with a fake box and fake shoes with a real box :yes:
while that may be true, i have been purchasing louboutins since 2010 and has never encountered a shoe with a darker colored brown box and none of my shoes came with the "vero cuoio" stamp underneath. When did he remove the stamp entirely? Someone told me back in 2009-10 was when he decided to remove the stamp due to the mass production of counterfeits. The shoes i see on ebay now that i know are fake are not soley based on the box but the shoe itself as well as the stamp under the shoe because it is a new style for example the so kates.

while that may be true, i have been purchasing louboutins since 2010 and has never encountered a shoe with a darker colored brown box and none of my shoes came with the "vero cuoio" stamp underneath. When did he remove the stamp entirely? Someone told me back in 2009-10 was when he decided to remove the stamp due to the mass production of counterfeits. The shoes i see on ebay now that i know are fake are not soley based on the box but the shoe itself as well as the stamp under the shoe because it is a new style for example the so kates.

These posts may be misleading to those who are new to CLs. Speculation based on hard/fast rules is exactly what we are trying to avoid. There are none. What this thread is about is to help members not to get upset over things that are unduly assumed to be signs of fakes.

If a shoe is in question please post it in our Authentication thread.

That is understandable but this is how i decipher from authentic vs fake. Being that someone is new to cl's, they should be aware of many counterfeiting. I also wanted to know when the stamp came off entirely but i called louboutin directly at 1888-8loubis and was informed that the stamp is no longer on any of his shoes and was removed in 2010 or a short time after. The new pigalles, highness, so kates, impera's, and so on do not come with the stamp but the counterfeits still do as I have seen many on ebay. I was simply stating that i personally never received a dark colored cl box from louboutin or any high end dept. (just my opinion) as stated at the start of the thread that these are all opinions of those that love cl's like myself and not from professionals. I was only stating that the new styles do not come with the stamp and I personally never encountered the infamous stamp on any of my babies since I began my collection. I hate to see someone spend so much money on counterfeits and not all come to the purse forum and put up a shoe to verify authenticity, they simply read our opinions. It is not just the box or dustbags, but authenticity should be determined by examination of the shoe entirely and not by a seller description of being authentic.

Last edited:
Hi 🙋 I'm new at this forum and I have some question about old Louboutin models which I hope someone can answer 🙏

1) Old models have the Vero Cuoio stamp and I would like to know in which year Louboutin baginnputting this stamp on the red sole and in which year he removed the stamp and changed the redsole stamp to the current one?
2)Some old models don't have the word "Paris" on the inside of the shoe. I would like to know in which year the word "Paris" was added to the inside stamp in the shoe.
3) Louboutin had made some shoes in other countries. Did he change the stamp and has someone a picture of an authentic shoe with a stamp other than Italy?
4 The font of the CL logo on the inside changed from thick and big to the resent thin version. Does someone know in which year this chaged?
5)i've seen an older CL model with an orange touch to the red sole. Does someone know in which year this was produced? And when it changed to the lipstick red CL use now?

I really hope someone can help🙏

I have a question regarding the size stamp font. Is it true that the top of the 3 will never look like the top of a 7. For example, the 3 in 37 1/2 in this picture. Is that a sure sign of a fake or can it have different fonts for the numbers? Thank you!!!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1434574322.493412.jpg

Last edited: