City Steamer Noir - which leather?

The City Steamer is a great bag, no matter which leather. The smooth calf leather keep its shape longer, the handles age nicely with no problems and is a bit lighter but slightly more delicate. The grainy leather doesn't scratch as easily, but is a bit heavier, will slightly slouch with lots of use and be a bit careful with the handles. I have both leather and love their pro and cons :amuse:

The City Steamer is a great bag, no matter which leather. The smooth calf leather keep its shape longer, the handles age nicely with no problems and is a bit lighter but slightly more delicate. The grainy leather doesn't scratch as easily, but is a bit heavier, will slightly slouch with lots of use and be a bit careful with the handles. I have both leather and love their pro and cons :amuse:

I unfortunately can't buy both lol. I tried the grainy leather in-store and it felt heavy. I didn't know it came in smooth leather at that time so didn't try that on. :sad:

What is the issue with the handle on the grainy leather? Is there something that will help prevent the slouching?

I totally agree with you. I have the smooth calf for a year now and its still beautiful with no signs of wear at all.

I unfortunately can't buy both lol. I tried the grainy leather in-store and it felt heavy. I didn't know it came in smooth leather at that time so didn't try that on. :sad:

What is the issue with the handle on the grainy leather? Is there something that will help prevent the slouching?

Just my opinion, but I prefer the feel of the smooth handles in my hand. The grainy handles will soften a bit more if you wear it all the times, while smooth leather will soften a bit less. Nothing out of the ordinary as as basically with any other leather handbag there will be a certain amount of wear. Get one, you'll love it!

Reactions: Chenai
Thank you for your input. I am visiting my local store this weekend to chose a bag and this is top of my list. (Twist is a close second)

I totally agree with you. I have the smooth calf for a year now and its still beautiful with no signs of wear at all.