City or Day as an everyday bag?

cocopuff

O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
hello everybody,

If you could only choose one bag as your everyday bag, would you choose the City or the Day? I don’t carry much, I can actually get away with using a First.

FYI... The Day bag is listed as half the price of the City. Day is in papyrus and the City is in black. Which should I choose???

I have never owned a day bag but I owned the city. I have a feeling I’ll like both.
I'm a Day fan personally, although if I had a longer strap on a City I might like it better as a style. Keep in mind that they don't call the Day a black hole for no reason. Aside from one zipped pocket it's essentially a...well, a hobo. But I keep all of my stuff organized into small zipped pouches so I just grab whatever pouch I need which makes it pretty easy. You can find some great Day bags, even the chevre ones from pre 08, for reasonable prices. Also lots of colour choices wth both styles.

I'm a Day fan personally, although if I had a longer strap on a City I might like it better as a style. Keep in mind that they don't call the Day a black hole for no reason. Aside from one zipped pocket it's essentially a...well, a hobo. But I keep all of my stuff organized into small zipped pouches so I just grab whatever pouch I need which makes it pretty easy. You can find some great Day bags, even the chevre ones from pre 08, for reasonable prices. Also lots of colour choices wth both styles.

I couldn’t find any chèvre ones at the moment but I found one in the papyrus colour. Do you think there might be colour transfer since it’s a light colored bag?

Thanks for your detailed response.. you’re awesome

I couldn’t find any chèvre ones at the moment but I found one in the papyrus colour. Do you think there might be colour transfer since it’s a light colored bag?

Thanks for your detailed response.. you’re awesome
There's always a chance with a lighter bag, you could always spray it with a protectant. It's usually dark denim, if you wear a lot of that you may want to take it into consideration.

Thank you!!! What do you recommend in terms of sprays?
Since the majority if my bags are dark so don’t have a favourite but if you do a search you’ll come up with lots of info. Collonil and Saphir are two that come to mind. I have Saphir but have yet to use it, Apple Care makes one I think...

Black City is a timeless classic, you can't go wrong with it.
If you have to pick just one and yet don't have any other Bal bag then go with City.
I am a big fan of the Day (own 7 of 'em) but i have 2 black Cities and they are definitely "must-have" s in my collection.

I think I will go for the Day. I have the First and it's big enough for my daily use. I have owned 2 Citys in the past and 1 Part time but I think my all time favourite is still the Fist.

I am tempted to try out the hobo style of the Day so we shall see. I'm suppose to get my hands on it tmrw! will keep you guys posted. Thanks for all your help!

Reactions: Heart Star
I think I will go for the Day. I have the First and it's big enough for my daily use. I have owned 2 Citys in the past and 1 Part time but I think my all time favourite is still the Fist.

I am tempted to try out the hobo style of the Day so we shall see. I'm suppose to get my hands on it tmrw! will keep you guys posted. Thanks for all your help!
Mod shot please!