City handles?

diane84

Apr 11, 2006
Just wondering...can the City be worn over the shoulder with the handles? I got my Anthracite City (which I :heart: :heart: :heart:!!) but its kinda tight when I try using the handles on the shoulder. Thanks!

No, my city doesn't fit over my shoulder - but then again it's not really supposed to. It's more of a crook of the arm type bag (so chic!) - I use the long strap if I need both arms for something. The work sized balenciaga has longer handles though that do fit over your shoulder.

Sorry to kind of change the subject, but rather than start a new thread I thought I'd ask here - how about the Part Time? Are the handles on the part time any longer and can you wear it on your shoulder?

I can wear a City comfortably over my shoulder without the top of the bag digging into my armpit. My arms up at the top are around 8-8.5" in circumfrence - I think you can wear it that way with arms a few inches larger than that too. However, I do think it generally looks best hand-held, in the crook of the arm, or using the strap.