City Bag damage, Rago Brothers response, thoughts?

AnnnetteM

O.G.
Jul 8, 2007
I have this damage on my City Sahara and wondering if Rago Brothers is correct in possibly needing to re-dye the entire bag because of this? I sent them this photo of my Sahara. My red vib bag handle popped out of the dustbag during a move and the handles had been cleaned and redone. It's obvious dye was applied to the handles on my vib. I do not want to re-dye the bag. Any thoughts or alternatives, or experience with Rago Brothers? I'm trying to avoid re-dying this bag because it is nearly perfect otherwise.

20230823_015417.jpg

I have this damage on my City Sahara and wondering if Rago Brothers is correct in possibly needing to re-dye the entire bag because of this? I sent them this photo of my Sahara. My red vib bag handle popped out of the dustbag during a move and the handles had been cleaned and redone. It's obvious dye was applied to the handles on my vib. I do not want to re-dye the bag. Any thoughts or alternatives, or experience with Rago Brothers? I'm trying to avoid re-dying this bag because it is nearly perfect otherwise.

View attachment 5846352
What have you tried so far?

I would experiment with a q-tip on the edge of the leather plaque holding the stud. There must be a commercial dye remover that might work.. if all else failed I'd try various chemicals from mild to more caustic until I found one that dislodged the dye.

By "dyeing," the entire bag, I'm 99% sure they mean they will paint it. :confused1:

A quick Google search gave me this: Use an acetone-free nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol to remove the hard-to-remove paint stains on your leather article. Acetone-free nail polish remover can help you clean leather without drying or discoloring the product.