Cipango Gold vs. Fawn

BagLuver

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I just bought an Epi Pochette in Cipango Gold from a MPRS this weekend. I should receive it in a couple of days - so excited! I got a great deal on it, too!

The color is just beautiful - it looks very similar to the fawn, IMO. Do any of you know the difference between the Cipango Gold and the Fawn? I've never seen either IRL, but I love both colors in pictures. Thanks!

Reactions: uhpharm01
In real life, the gold and fawn colors really don't look anything alike. I bought my sister a Fawn Epi Noe. The fawn is more of a grayish tan, and has sometimes been mistaken for lavender epi.

chihuahuaqueen said:
In real life, the gold and fawn colors really don't look anything alike. I bought my sister a Fawn Epi Noe. The fawn is more of a grayish tan, and has sometimes been mistaken for lavender epi.

that's not fawn, it's probably the pepper colour.

Thanks for the info! They look similar in pictures, but often the colors in pics are not "true". Sounds like the gold is just the color I was looking for (though I look the fawn, too!). I can't wait to get it!

that's not fawn, it's probably the pepper colour.

My mistake. My sister had both the Fawn and Pepper Noes. I knew in my head which one I was talking about, but mistakely described the pepper.:blink:

As I stated above, the PEPPER (I mistakenly said it was Fawn) is a tan/gray color. The Fawn is a goldish brown orangy color.

Still, I don't think the Cipango Gold and the Fawn look that similar in real life; the Fawn is more "orangey". I think they would, however, make a nice compliment to each other.