Ciara in High-Waisted Pants..Hit or Miss??

Miss to me. Not as much as poor jessica, but she's a bit too curvy to rock these. Especially the second photo is :Push: Not many celebs manage to rock these it seems. Hopefully this so called trend will pass soon, for the sake of beauty!

I think she's the best I've seen wearing these so far. However, I do agree that this is a very difficult style for most to wear------it hardly works on anyone..it doesn't matter what their body type is. I think it will pass on quickly......

I always admired Ciara for being such a beautiful and talented singer. I don't mind this outfit. I mean, obviously there are better choices but it doesn't totally blind me like Jessica's bee-hind had.

^^For some reason I'm the opposite. I think they look better on someone with a curves. Someone with 'smaller curves' like Ciara can pull it off. I don't think someone much larger than her could pull it off however. I also don't think a skinnier--'flatter' person would look as good in them. They'd just look like a beanpole. :shrugs:

I think this thread kind of highlights my whole problem with this "trend." "She doesn't look that bad in those" or "she kind of pulls it off" is generally the best complement you hear given to someone wearing super high waisted jeans. If I am going to rock a trend at all (I generally like to steer clear of super trendy things), its going to be because I know that I can absolutely rock it out. I have yet to see anyone really wow me with the way that they rock their high waisted jeans. It always seemed forced and just a bit off, or at best, "not that bad." Unless someone can really step up to the plate and shows everyone else how high waisted jeans should be done, I'm thinking their shelf life is pretty short lived and these pics will be haunting those who made an attempt 5-10 years from now.