Ciao Bella? For me, no

Midlands lass

In the dark........
Aug 28, 2010
I did all my Christmas shopping yesterday. I foolishly thought London wouldn't be too crazy on a Wednesday - foolish.
Anyway. I had a good look around the bags section of selfridges. I've not been to London for ages and blooming hell it's a veritable sweet shop for luxury leather goods.
I digress. They had just got in the new Bella which I thought I would love as I there is a hobo hole in my collection and it's oak NVT. BUT, I didn't feel the love. It's quite deep at the bottom so doesn't tuck under the arm nicely and didn't stay on my shoulder well ( but I do have narrow shoulders).
There is no key in the cloche so it's an empty design feature literally. The zip pulls have holes in them so when pulled together in the centre, they can fit over the bar the padlock is on. I cannot believe anyone would ever go to the trouble of taking off the keyless lock and doing this so the lock and it's little post just kind of sit there doing not a lot.

Now I am sure some people will love this bag and the shape will work for some- we can't all be the same so sorry I've been critical about it if it's a winner for you. The leather is lovely and for NVT, it's not too heavy as the hardware is minimal.

Thanks for that ML. I kind of like this bag but am a bit unsure of it. I like the simplicity of the design (not too much bling), but somehow the shape looks a little clumpy.

I might just peek in Selfridges myself and have a look.

Thanks for your feedback ML! The oak Bella was the only one in the coming soon section that grabbed me. I realise that I probably need to see this IRL before I commit any further...:thinking:

It's the rectangular bottom that i don't think works with this design- I can see the bottom corners wearing badly. Thanks for the review- I look forward to seeing it in real life but i have my reservatioons at the moment which is a real shame as i love the NVT leather!!!!!

Yes, it is quite stiff but my NVT bays has softened so maybe it will with time. and it's the bottom I had issues with. Very wide. Just didn't sit well on my body shape.

oh ML what a shame. I know a few ladies liked the look of the bag on the pics - looked a bit more like a classic M compared to most of the other bags. But as you said, the beauty of bags are that people love different ones!