Christmas Rehab Gift Extravaganza! Nine Bags Given Away!

What a great job or I should say jobs that you have done with your rehab!!! You have rehabbed some beautiful bags!!! Your family and friends are very lucky to get such wonderful presents. Congrats to you on all your great bargains and the great jobs you have done!!! Lynne

Thank you and they really were great bargains! In total all of the bags cost only $103 to purchase (about $111 with tax) and that’s not bad for 9 beautiful gifts!

There were some extra costs of course, I used up some of my conditioners and products during the rehab and I had to buy a replacement strap for the Willis. I paid for some of the dustbags too. But all in all, I am sure that the entire investment was less than $150!

Of course there was the additional investment of my time and labor - but that’s the fun part!

Great work as usual Katev!!!! All of those bags look brand spanking new after your TLC, and how nice to be able to give them with dustbags too!! If anyone you gave to doesn't appreciate their rehabbed bags, feel free to send them on over to me :biggrin: They all look so amazing!

Thanks! I wanted to include authentic Coach dustbags because opening the dustbag is part of the fun of getting a designer bag as a present! And maintaining the bag properly is part of the responsibility of owning fine-quality items. I especially wanted my young nieces to learn that part. In the care instructions that I include with rehab gifts I always say to "store the bag stuffed with tissue and inside the dustbag."

I evicted some of my own bags from their dustbags for these gifts. They are now in old pillow cases or in dustbags for other brands. I also picked up some of the dustbags at the thrift stores (usually for $1.50 or less each.) The Coach dustbags from the thrift stores are often the smaller, older style brown and red linen bags, but I think that they go well with the smaller, older style rehabbed bags!

I always buy an authentic dustbag, of just about any brand, whenever I find one - just in case I come across a bag for it at a later date! Or so that I can use it to store a rehab project even if it isn't from the correct brand.

I have a Gucci dustbag and I hope that someday I will find a real Gucci bag to go inside of it! Right now it is holding another of my rehab projects, my lovely navy Coach Tribecca Convertible Clutch, and she fits very comfortably inside her elegant Italian covering! :biggrin:

Katev, I just love your reveals, in fact, I look for your posts. :smile: I have a couple of bags to rehab- I believe I have Ergo bag #5 as well! Thanks for sharing all your tips and tricks!!

I love Ergo bags, they are so sleek and elegant and comfortable to carry! I found that Ergo Pocket Flap at the Goodwill and I think it was marked $25 but I had a coupon so I got it for only $18!

It was an easy rehab, the bag was in pretty good shape and it just needed a bath, some conditioner, and a little metal polish for the minimal hardware. The hangtag was a free replacement from Coach.

Many of the older Coach bags are rather small by today's standards and the Ergo pocket flap would probably only be considered a medium-sized today, but it roomy and it's always great to find a larger bag as a rehab project.

Good luck with your rehabs and be sure to take pictures and share!

You did an amazing job!!

As always, absolutely beautiful! You never cease to impress me with your rehabs. Thank you for sharing your lovelies, granny

katev, I would be so honored to receive one of your rehabs! With all the love, time, effort and thoughtfulness you put into each purse, who wouldn't? On top of that, the quality of all your finished products is amazing! You're really becoming a master craftswoman with your special hobby!

Hope you had the best Christmas and may all the pleasure you gave come back to you tenfold in the coming year!

Thank you it was fun, and I hope that the bags get a second life with their new owners!

I love love love the black court bags! All of them are beautiful though, and you did such a great job on them. You have some very lucky family and friends. :smile:

Thank you! The Court Bag is a sharp, stylish little bag and I was very lucky to find 2 black Court Bags in decent shape and at reasonable prices! And they both cleaned up easily and came out well!

Your rehabs are nothing short of amazing! You did a great job with all of those bags, and I think all the work you put into them makes them very sweet and thoughtful gifts!

What a great job and great gift

Your rehabs are nothing short of amazing! You did a great job with all of those bags, and I think all the work you put into them makes them very sweet and thoughtful gifts!

you are so nice! those bags look so good and you're fantastic and bringing them back to life! have a happy new year!

Thank you! And a Happy New Year to all the TPFers!

I know! There are so many floral and patterned bags out too. I just hate cloth bags because in my experience they ruin your clothes when they rub unless they are a coated canvas. I only buy leather bags now. I learned my lesson with the fabric bags rubbing on my hip and making the area thin and pilling.

I know that I've just said that I don't care for Vera Bradley's quilted bags but now I've bought one!

I was at the thrift store yesterday and found a cute, floral, quilted VB bag in great condition for $1.50 - so I had to buy it! I was thinking of giving it to my niece in high school to use as a spring/summer bag. I know that you don't care much for cloth bags but I was wondering if you think that a teenager might like this bag? There are pics at the link below, thanks in advance for your advice!

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags...cognize-this-vera-bradley-pattern-721975.html

I know that I've just said that I don't care for Vera Bradley's quilted bags but now I've bought one!

I was at the thrift store yesterday and found a cute, floral, quilted VB bag in great condition for $1.50 - so I had to buy it! I was thinking of giving it to my niece in high school to use as a spring/summer bag. I know that you don't care much for cloth bags but I was wondering if you think that a teenager might like this bag? There are pics at the link below, thanks in advance for your advice!

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags...cognize-this-vera-bradley-pattern-721975.html

A teenager would probably love it. As far as I know floral is still in for spring/summer.