Christmas Rehab Gift Extravaganza! Nine Bags Given Away!

this is so awesome! I would love if someone did this for me! I really need to get the apple conditioner, is that its full name? And what bags can I not use it on?

Thank you! It's called "Apple Leather Care - Leather Conditioner". I just bought a bottle the other day for $4.95 at the Burlington Coat Factory. I got their last bottle and they were all out of the Apple Garde rain protection spray (darn!)

Another good conditioner is called Leather CPR and you can get it at many Tuesday Morning stores. I have also heard of TPFers finding it at Walmart and Bed, Bath, and Beyond - so it may be easier to obtain than Apple.

Apple and Leather CPR work well on glove-tanned leathers. Never use any thick, opaque cream cleaner and/or conditioner on a pebbled leather bag or other exotic or delicate surface. I often use Lexol wipes for more delicate bags. If you are not sure what to use for a specific bag, just post a question in the rehab and rescue thread and I am sure that someone will be able to advise you. Good luck!

You do such amazing things with the older bags! I love your rehab posts!
Fabulous jobs-as usual! Anyone who got one of your bags as gift is very lucky!

Wonderful Kate! You truly are the "Bag Whisperer"-thank you for sharing with us!

Thank you both so much!

I think it was Profashionista (?) that gave me the nickname of the "Bag Whisperer" and I liked it so I adopted it!

I learned a lot of my rehabbing tricks from Bebepurse. Happybag christened her the "Heloise of Handbags" and that's a good name too!

WOW!!! I will have to give my bags a better do-over. Yours look brand new!!!
When you say buffing, do you buff by hand with a soft cloth? I know it sounds crazy, but do you just rub really hard for as long as you can until your arm gets tired? :smile: