Chips on Canvas - Keep or Return?

Mar 10, 2012
Hello Everyone!

I got a brand new PM recently and just when I'm ready to take her out for the first time, I noticed there are some micro chips around one corner of the front pocket...I examined it closer and it looks like a small piece of pattern has chipped away, with a few nicks appear to be peeling...Did anyone ever experience this with their brand new bags before? I thought this is getting ridiculous as I've had a 11 years old Neverfull and it doesn't have a single chip like that. But I also haven't been shopping for LV bags made in canvas for a while so I really don't know if this is a norm or not. :sad:

IMG_0851.jpg IMG_0852.jpg

The first picture almost looks like nicks in the canvas or is that just the way it is photographing? Either way I am sorry but I would return it.
Yeah there are a few nicks that look like they're starting to peel...and then 3 tiny chips on the yellow/caramel dot. It's not very noticeable but once I found them they're all I can see..lol

it would bother me. I would return. It looks sorta rubbed to me. If the date code was a bit older I might wonder if it was used, rubbed and returned.

It's made the 3rd week of this month so it's really a new bag. Now I just ordered the 2nd one and will see how this one will turn out. If the 2nd one isn't any better I'll just return them and get a different style. Kind of done with this canvas fiasco for now :sad:

Last edited:
Reactions: PurseAddict728
It's made the 3rd week of this month so it's really a new bag. Now I just ordered the 2nd one and will see how this one will turn out. If the 2nd one isn't any better I'll just return them and get a different style. Kind of done with this canvas fiasco for now :sad:
Ugh! I'm sorry. I just exchanged a 2-year old Speedy B DE that I took excellent care of, as it developed several cracks along the zipper line. My new one was made 2nd week of 2020, so if it happens to this one, I would feel "done" like you. I have a few olders bags and no experience like this. I was grateful how LV treated me a few weeks ago, but I justified the price I paid originally with the bags' reputation for quality and durability. Keep us posted.

Ugh! I'm sorry. I just exchanged a 2-year old Speedy B DE that I took excellent care of, as it developed several cracks along the zipper line. My new one was made 2nd week of 2020, so if it happens to this one, I would feel "done" like you. I have a few olders bags and no experience like this. I was grateful how LV treated me a few weeks ago, but I justified the price I paid originally with the bags' reputation for quality and durability. Keep us posted.

Thank you! I am really bummed as I've always loved the PM, had it when it first came out around 2014. The canvas was fine but it had glazing issue after about 4 years into using it so I turned it in. I have a MiF mini PS and a 11 year old Neverfull that I have no issue with the canvas like the PM. Fingers crossed that I'll get lucky with the 2nd (technically 3rd) PM :smile:

Reactions: LaDolceLaria