Children and pricey items

IntlSet said:
ShopRodeo said:
I know. And also, some of the houses aren't really theirs!
Really??? To whom do the houses belong then?

I don't know. But I read on E online some time ago that some of them live in trailer parks. But LC and Kristin are real meaning the houses are really theirs. And do you think that MTV purchased the BMW for her because they took her white SUV and gave it away. And notice how she didn't seem TOO excited when she got the car!

i suppose it might be different when it comes to kids getting material stuff, but since i don't have children, i think about buying my dog a LV collar from time to time. my dog is my baby, so what's that mean? if we have the money we just want to share it with those we love?

IntlSet said:
The problem with "spoiling" kids is that there is there's a way to indulge your child, and a way to just ruin them, and it seems like the latter happens far more frequently than the former.

that just totally made me think of this. parents these days spoil their children to "make up" for not being there to spend time with them. it's a way to feel less guilty perhaps? not to say this is the case for everyone. but i've heard of it. i mean most parents work in order to pay for these things right? your children are really lucky to have one parent to stay home with them and raise them. most kids i know living in nyc are raised by nannies. and they are always being pushed around in 1000 dollar strollers wearing very expensive outfits.

shoprodeo-no, i think it really was her car. it's not that uncommon to get a nice car for your graduation. most people i know actually get there's before graduation, like junior-ish year.

i just got my license yesterday! so as soon as my daddy gets back from his business trip we get to discuss cars! haha, i'm a bit excited.

ShoppeGirl said:
I don't think it's a good idea for kids to have really expensive things because their spending may get out of control once they're adults.

when i was a kid, my parents bought me nothing. ever. they would let me browse and touch at the store, but when i asked for anything the answer was always no. so.... fast forward 20 years later or so, and now with my own money i pretty much buy whatever my little heart desires. my parents definitely had an impact on how i spend money. i was so deprived as a child, i'm making up for it now, that i'm an adult.

Eskimo said:
shoprodeo-no, i think it really was her car. it's not that uncommon to get a nice car for your graduation. most people i know actually get there's before graduation, like junior-ish year.

i just got my license yesterday! so as soon as my daddy gets back from his business trip we get to discuss cars! haha, i'm a bit excited.

Yay, you sound sweet sixteen-ish but you seem really nice. But Kristin, I think she earned it and her old car was falling apart. What car do YOU want?

ShopRodeo said:
Yay, you sound sweet sixteen-ish but you seem really nice. But Kristin, I think she earned it and her old car was falling apart. What car do YOU want?

haha, yeah, people say that i seem a little like some of the kids on that show. but i would never treat my parents the way some of those kids do, mainly out of respect for them.

hmm...what car do i want? i really like the infiniti fx. but there has been some talk amongst my parents of me taking my dad's porsche cayenne because he bought it a few months ago and doesn't really like it all that much. but hopefully not; i've driven it, and it's a bit fast for me.

Eskimo said:

haha wow this thread has gone on such a tangent...

ooh let us know what car you get! i don't have my permit yet...

Eskimo said:
haha, yeah, people say that i seem a little like some of the kids on that show. but i would never treat my parents the way some of those kids do, mainly out of respect for them.

hmm...what car do i want? i really like the infiniti fx. but there has been some talk amongst my parents of me taking my dad's porsche cayenne because he bought it a few months ago and doesn't really like it all that much. but hopefully not; i've driven it, and it's a bit fast for me.

ic. infinitis are nice. so u want an SUV eh? What are your thoughts on the Range Rover? And this got me thinking about Ava from season one of MSSS and I can't believe she whined all that time and still got it.

ShopRodeo said:
ic. infinitis are nice. so u want an SUV eh? What are your thoughts on the Range Rover? And this got me thinking about Ava from season one of MSSS and I can't believe she whined all that time and still got it.

haha, ava. she was my favorite one. she actually goes to beverly hills high school and is friends with one of my friends. he says she isn't actually as bad as she seemed on tv, although she can be a bit bratty. i do like the range rover sport, but my dad doesn't like range rovers. but my older sister had a infiniti and a bmw, so i know those cars are ok with him (haha, i'm trying to stick to things that might happen).

Eskimo said:
haha, ava. she was my favorite one. she actually goes to beverly hills high school and is friends with one of my friends. he says she isn't actually as bad as she seemed on tv, although she can be a bit bratty. i do like the range rover sport, but my dad doesn't like range rovers. but my older sister had a infiniti and a bmw, so i know those cars are ok with him (haha, i'm trying to stick to things that might happen).

do u know ava personally? At first I didn't like her, but after awhile, after seeing sophie, i thought she was actually nice and when they were doing the special reruns with the commentary, she seemed nice too. I think old range rovers are ugly but the new ones are okay. i prefer mercedes but i'm starting to get into bmws! oooh, have you seen the ML class mercedes? Those are nice too...

ShopRodeo said:
do u know ava personally? At first I didn't like her, but after awhile, after seeing sophie, i thought she was actually nice and when they were doing the special reruns with the commentary, she seemed nice too. I think old range rovers are ugly but the new ones are okay. i prefer mercedes but i'm starting to get into bmws! oooh, have you seen the ML class mercedes? Those are nice too...

i wouldn't say i know her, but she is nice. ha, actually my daddy used to have the old m-class mercedes, and he was going to get the knew one, but got impatient. i'm assuming if i take his car:wacko: , then he will be getting that. but i'm not sure, my parents don't tell me things all the time. so i guess i'll just have to wait and see what they have planned for the whole care issue. my dad didn't even know i was taking my license test yesterday...let alone that i passed.