chick downtown?

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!! They are still the same nightmare. They were having a good sale like always, I had heard the bad reviews but decided I'd give them a shot still. So, I ordered a jacket from them august 28, that was shown to be in stock. Got an email confirming my order and didn't see the jacket. Called their cs who said they have over 600 orders on backorder they weren't anticipating. They said they have "learned their lesson". I have spoke with one girl who is sympathetic but not helpful, talked to another girl who giggled said "I mean I really don't know what to tell you". They have all given me the response they are "waiting for the buyer" to let them know, come to find out, the buyer is the OWNER who is too busy on twitter having contests. But don't try to ask her on twitter where your jacket is, she won't respond. However, when I did call their customer service, a rep did ask "oh didn't you write on Amy's twitter"...? THEY ARE AWFUL.

I won't buy from them again.
I ordered 3 pairs of sandals from them and only liked one. When I emailed to get a cr number (says you have to in order to return) it took a long time for them to email me back, they would not give me my money back, only store credit because I used a coupon code.
Doesn't make sense to me.
Nowhere else I shop online does that.

That is ridiculous they wouldn't give you your money back because you used a coupon code. I used a coupon code on my order that I still haven't received and they are offering to give me a refund, not store credit. I don't want the refund because from what I've heard, it is better to just wait it out with them than to try and get money back, it will take forever.

Their return policy sucks. Only store credit if you use a coupon code, which they always have floating around. So I returned a pair of jeans that didn't quite fit me, and ended up exchanging for a $100 hoodie that I didn't NEED.

I've ordered from them several times because of the good deals, but I've had problems, several times. One time in particular, I ordered 2 dresses, the invoice in the box listed 2 dresses, but there was only 1 dress in the box. I called them and at first was asked if "I was sure." Yeah, I'm a size 8, my dress isn't gonna get lost in the box. Anyway, after placing me on hold for 20 minutes, she said it was backordered. I asked if I could get an email or something saying that, because right now, everything points to the transaction being complete. She said she'd email me. She never did. I called back several times over 2 months. Finally, I submitted a complaint to the BBB, I think in PA, you can do it online, and magically I had my card refunded $274.

There used to be quite a series of posts chronicling the shady business practices of Chick Downtown on Capitol Hill Style, but the blogger took them down after they threatened legal action.

After everythign I've heard, there is NO WAY i would order from them, no matter how hard i'm lusting after a bargain.

There used to be quite a series of posts chronicling the shady business practices of Chick Downtown on Capitol Hill Style, but the blogger took them down after they threatened legal action.

After everythign I've heard, there is NO WAY i would order from them, no matter how hard i'm lusting after a bargain.

I think I found it.

Capitol Hill Style

The owner even commented on it and felt "sorry" for the poor service. LOL.

They can't even send their cheap "free" gifts, which were promised to a bunch of people thru one of those contests, if you signed up. I'm not sure if anyone actually got them.