Chic ways to wear Birkenstocks

I am in desperate need of sizing help. I just purchased some oiled leather arizona's with soft foot bed in iron in a 36 regular from zappos. I'm not sure if my strap adjustment is right. I'm having pain on top of my foot under the second strap closest to my ankle. I have it in the 2nd hole from the middle and can fit a finger underneath. If I go to the last hole it feels tight. I almost need a hole in between the two. Do you think I should put some type of padding on the inside of the strap? I've had them about 3 weeks and have been breaking them in. I have a trip to New York coming up and would like to wear them. I have the worst luck with shoes and have constantly been getting blisters. I tore my feet up with some Sanucks at Summerfest and I've had them for awhile and wear them all the time. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Hey, guys, just bought my first pair of Birkenstocks. Absolutely love them! Very comfy. But I must ask.... Birkenstock sells a kit with some sort of sealer that one is supposed to use to occasionally re-seal the cork edges of their shoes. Do you guys do this? How often? There's also a sole cleaner in the kit. Do you use that as well?

'Nother question. Are there any particularly good places to buy Birkies online? Zappos/6pm.com carries them but they all seem to be Narrow width and I need Regular width. I bought my pair at a local shoe store but the store normally carries few Birkenstocks.

Hey, guys, just bought my first pair of Birkenstocks. Absolutely love them! Very comfy. But I must ask.... Birkenstock sells a kit with some sort of sealer that one is supposed to use to occasionally re-seal the cork edges of their shoes. Do you guys do this? How often? There's also a sole cleaner in the kit. Do you use that as well?

'Nother question. Are there any particularly good places to buy Birkies online? Zappos/6pm.com carries them but they all seem to be Narrow width and I need Regular width. I bought my pair at a local shoe store but the store normally carries few Birkenstocks.
Zappos or birkenstock express will probably be the best places to find what your looking for selection wise. They don't seem to have a big selection for the wider styles that aren't the unisex styles. But I think both sites let you search by size/width. I have wide feet however in some of the styles the wides honestly weren't that much wider like in the granada and i end up going with the "narrow". I've never used the cork sealer kit or the sole cleaner kit either.

Reactions: BigPurseSue
Zappos or birkenstock express will probably be the best places to find what your looking for selection wise. They don't seem to have a big selection for the wider styles that aren't the unisex styles. But I think both sites let you search by size/width. I have wide feet however in some of the styles the wides honestly weren't that much wider like in the granada and i end up going with the "narrow". I've never used the cork sealer kit or the sole cleaner kit either.

Thanks so much! Glad to know I don't need the cork sealer. The local shop didn't have any shoes in the Narrow so I wasn't able to try that width. The Regulars I bought were your basic unisex Birkenstock: http://www.zappos.com/birkenstock-arizona-oiled-leather-unisex-habana-oiled-leather
I don't usually buy wide shoes but my feet seem to fill out the foot bed. But I think I'll order some of the more feminine-looking Narrow styles from Zappos and see how they fit. Again....thank you for the advice! :flowers:

Thanks so much! Glad to know I don't need the cork sealer. The local shop didn't have any shoes in the Narrow so I wasn't able to try that width. The Regulars I bought were your basic unisex Birkenstock: http://www.zappos.com/birkenstock-arizona-oiled-leather-unisex-habana-oiled-leather
I don't usually buy wide shoes but my feet seem to fill out the foot bed. But I think I'll order some of the more feminine-looking Narrow styles from Zappos and see how they fit. Again....thank you for the advice! :flowers:
No problem I've never done any sort of maintenance on my birks. My favorite style is the granada they look dressier than the classic Arizonas. Personally I hate the ghiza I love the looks of them but they are really uncomfortable because of the piece of plastic that goes between the toes. Just my two cents on that style. I haven't tried any other styles outside of the clogs. I like some of the other styles posted like the mayari but I have fat toes so I never tried them lol .

No problem I've never done any sort of maintenance on my birks. My favorite style is the granada they look dressier than the classic Arizonas. Personally I hate the ghiza I love the looks of them but they are really uncomfortable because of the piece of plastic that goes between the toes. Just my two cents on that style. I haven't tried any other styles outside of the clogs. I like some of the other styles posted like the mayari but I have fat toes so I never tried them lol .

I have fat toes too! I like the Granada style too, but the shop didn't have those in my size. Like you I can't find comfort in any sandal that puts something between my toes like the ghiza style does. At the moment I'm on a clog ban since I have ingrown toenails that need surgery (hence my excuse for buying Birkenstocks :angel: ). My big toes tend to hit the tops of clogs as I walk. Sure hope I don't have to give away my huge and beloved collection of Dansko clogs in the future. At the moment the Birks are heaven for my poor feet, especially the toes.

I have fat toes too! I like the Granada style too, but the shop didn't have those in my size. Like you I can't find comfort in any sandal that puts something between my toes like the ghiza style does. At the moment I'm on a clog ban since I have ingrown toenails that need surgery (hence my excuse for buying Birkenstocks :angel: ). My big toes tend to hit the tops of clogs as I walk. Sure hope I don't have to give away my huge and beloved collection of Dansko clogs in the future. At the moment the Birks are heaven for my poor feet, especially the toes.
Ouch! If you're in need of a good cheap house slipper costco.com has shearling scuffs only $19.99! I got two pairs this year. I wear them all year long we live in a ranch with tile on a cement slab so the floor is always cold lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PurseForum mobile app

Oh thanks! I've been looking for slippers. The ones at the local stores just don't cut it. Thank you! [emoji2]
These are the best, fit wise just like uggs a tad big. I'm a 8.5 and get the 8 the 9's are too big. I can't justify $80 + on slippers that I'm only wearing around the house but $20 is a good price. I always stalk the site for them every year because I really do wear them out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PurseForum mobile app

You're absolutely right about the Narrow in some styles being nearly the same as the Regular width in the unisex styles. I bought a pair of Papillios in Narrow from 6pm.com and the width is the same as the Arizona Regulars unisex. The Arizonas have a bit more room at the end of the big toe area, but otherwise width is identical. My feet are wide so width is always an important consideration. The Papillios do look more feminine, and I can tighten the straps tighter than I can with the Arizonas. Works out well because I bought the Arizonas to wear with socks and the Papillios to wear barefoot and both are perfect for their roles. Thanks so much for the advice! :flowers:

Patrick Muff for Birkenstock , sterling silver buckles
744173.jpg