Cheaper in UK?

Most luxury goods are a bit cheaper in the UK than the US right now mainly due to the exchange rate and the fact that as a tourist you can get the VAT refunded. If you go on LV’s website and change your region to the UK (where it says “Ship to: United States”), you can then see the price in Euros (or whatever currency for whatever country you’ll be in) for whatever styles you’re interested in. Of course, there are other things to factor in as well, such as availability, etc. :smile:

• Insightful
Reactions: Monogramboy
Most luxury goods are a bit cheaper in the UK than the US right now mainly due to the exchange rate and the fact that as a tourist you can get the VAT refunded. If you go on LV’s website and change your region to the UK (where it says “Ship to: United States”), you can then see the price in Euros (or whatever currency for whatever country you’ll be in) for whatever styles you’re interested in. Of course, there are other things to factor in as well, such as availability, etc. :smile:
Theres no VAT anymore. You can buy from Selfridges (tax free for tourists) and have it shipped. Not sure how that works with customs declarations etc.
The uk govt is rethinking their ideas on removing vat - so stay tuned

Theres no VAT anymore. You can buy from Selfridges (tax free for tourists) and have it shipped. Not sure how that works with customs declarations etc.
The uk govt is rethinking their ideas on removing vat - so stay tuned

Oh very interesting; thanks for the update! Will deff stay tuned.

Aside from that, I’ve found that the luxe goods I’m interested in are still a bit cheaper in the UK than in the US ATM due to the current conversion rate, but with the price increases/attempts to equalize prices across regions that many brands are doing now, the difference isn’t as big as it was. I’m hoping to make it to Europe later this year, but all the bags I’m looking at are approx. $200-$300 less than in the US, max. Which is nothing to sniff at — I’d gladly save $200 any day of the week lol but it’s also not a HUGE savings IMHO. I think the gap was bigger before last year’s PIs. I think they will continue trying to close the gap as much as possible, until you are essentially paying the same price wherever you are shopping in the world (or as much as they can do this, given conversion variances).