Cheaper in Europe?

middkid07

Feb 3, 2009
Hi Ladies,

So I'm going to London in April and wanted to know if CLs are generally cheaper in europe/UK. I have my heart set on nude patent VPs and I am on the waitlist at SCP, but if they are cheaper outside the US, then I might just wait. Plus, I wont have to pay any tax if i purchase them abroad. What do you think? Is it too risky to wait until april to try and find these shoes? TIA.:confused1:

I'm also wondering how much it cost to purchase from UK boutique. I was looking on Matches and they have a pair of Nude NP for 391.30 GBP which equals to about $562 plus $29 for shipping, total $591! That's a savings of about $200! I wonder how much customs would be to see if it is even worth it to buy overseas.

How much cheaper? Can someone offer an actual cash example?

I ordered my first pair CL, Decollete's in black jazz from the UK last week and they were 333 GBP and with the current exchange rate that is $479. In the US the decollete is $595. So $116 difference..
Hope this helps!

When I bought the nude VP from Paris in December, it was about $670 (including shipping). Here it would be $795 + tax... I saved around $150 ish. I was also lucky enough not to be charged any customs fees.

and in case you want to do the conversion yourself, the nude VP is 434 Euro after the deduction of VAT. Shipping should be 30 Euros. With today's exchange rate, the shoes would be $562 before shipping and customs.

My purchase sent to the US from Motcombe still had tax on it, plus they charged 80 GBP shipping. In the end, though the shoes were less expensive, I did not end up with a deal. It was $615, plus I'm expecting a $80 invoice from customs on top of that.

It would definitely be beneficial to be there rather than ship!

if you can wait like a week for my return to london and my exmas finish i can run down to motcomb/mount street and check on ny shoe price you want =)
Just give me a list of shoes if there are any besides the VP you are looking for.
Also your size so i can get them to hold the shoe for you!

if you can wait like a week for my return to london and my exmas finish i can run down to motcomb/mount street and check on ny shoe price you want =)
Just give me a list of shoes if there are any besides the VP you are looking for.
Also your size so i can get them to hold the shoe for you!

oh my gosh, that's so nice of you! I won't actually get into london until April 1st, so I'm not sure they'd be willing to hold it for me until then...

BUT, can you still let me know what they have in stock? I'm looking for Nude VPs in a 39.5, preferably burgundy or gold tip, but nude tip would be fine. Oh, and magenta ron rons in the same size. Cheers! :smile:

I'm too lazy to go find the post, but if you check in the "New CLs" thread, I did price comparisons sometime last week between Euros and USD for a bunch of the newer styles that luisaviaroma is currently carrying. I saved about $330 on my Paquitas, so even if I get slapped with customs charges (as I expect to), it was still an extremely good deal overall.

middkidd- no problem =) any excuse to go see pretty shoes =P I'll ask for you we i get back and ill go a week or two before you coome over to get them to hold them for you =)
but you have to remind me causs i'm a bit dippy these few days!