Charge send fraud

If they used it online, they should be able to track the thief by their IP address and the delivery address if they ordered merchandise. A Coach employee could have sold the number.

I don't use this cc often and the day after the charge send, a charge was made in a small amount and then more and all online where you don't need to swipe the cc

Citibank called because this is activity that doesn't happen on this card, it raised red flags with them

And a charge send has a lot of info that is easy to use your card and even google me to get more info and do some more theft

Just google yourself and see what if is out there on the web

How do you know they googled you to get more information....

If I google me the only thing comes up is where I work - nothing else.

So the ONLY time you used this card was with Coach the other day....

I am not questioning the fact it happend - I just dont think it was from the charge send.

How do you know they googled you to get more information....

If I google me the only thing comes up is where I work - nothing else.

So the ONLY time you used this card was with Coach the other day....

I am not questioning the fact it happend - I just dont think it was from the charge send.

This is what I believe, you don't have to believe the it and you can doubt it, I am just letting others know

You put down you address on the charge send & your cc info, doesn't take much more to use a cc

When I google myself I get my past & present addresses, business that we own, races that I ran - my name is not common, married and maiden names

If this was the only purchase you made recently and all of a sudden it's used back to back, I'd assume that it has something to do with the last purchase you made too. I'm not saying who in particular did it but will say that it's likely that someone at that store had something to do with it. I wouldn't just let it roll off my back, it's a serious issue. I personally don't think that anyone should have access to that information or paperwork other than a manager. Anyone can work at Coach, obviously. Thanks for your warning.

I don't use this cc often and the day after the charge send, a charge was made in a small amount and then more and all online where you don't need to swipe the cc

Citibank called because this is activity that doesn't happen on this card, it raised red flags with them

And a charge send has a lot of info that is easy to use your card and even google me to get more info and do some more theft

Just google yourself and see what if is out there on the web

Just a quick question was the first charge a pre auth for like a $1 then the remainder the balance of your purchase? Coach does do that when they charge send or the amount of tax or shipping may be different and this may be what has happened. I would ask if Coach was the merchant on the charges and that may clarify for you before you cancel your card.

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.

I wouldn't blame Coach right away, I work for one the country's biggest credit card companies and I've seen all sort of things happen. Whenever you use your card online there's a chance that a credit card thief can get that info, they sell the card numbers online in illegal forums and months can pass from the day the info was stolen to the day they attempt to use it.

Just to add I am not defending any employee but I have done many charge sends and I know who they let handle them and its not regular employees so I just dont think a manger/asst mgr. would lose their salary over a charge that can lead to jail time. Thats why I am trying to trouble shoot with you. And until you know who done it I think its bad to bash them and cause a scare. As long as I have been here I have never heard of any problems with charge sends.

I wouldn't blame Coach right away, I work for one the country's biggest credit card companies and I've seen all sort of things happen. Whenever you use your card online there's a chance that a credit card thief can get that info, they sell the card numbers online in illegal forums and months can pass from the day the info was stolen to the day they attempt to use it.

I agree with this.

Just a quick question was the first charge a pre auth for like a $1 then the remainder the balance of your purchase? Coach does do that when they charge send or the amount of tax or shipping may be different and this may be what has happened. I would ask if Coach was the merchant on the charges and that may clarify for you before you cancel your card.

No there was much more activity on my account

Just to add I am not defending any employee but I have done many charge sends and I know who they let handle them and its not regular employees so I just dont think a manger/asst mgr. would lose their salary over a charge that can lead to jail time. Thats why I am trying to trouble shoot with you. And until you know who done it I think its bad to bash them and cause a scare. As long as I have been here I have never heard of any problems with charge sends.

This was on a cc I rarely use, and the day after I do the charge send all this activity happens, seems very odd to me

I am not bashing just putting information out there,

I didn't name the stores that handled any of this

Thanks for that info! That's crazy. My husband and I have been taken once and I was told some info that blew my mind. Apparently, there are devices people use that record your info when you swipe your card at an ATM. You're really not safe any route you take. So I totally believe this.

Just curious, professionally do you think it is safe to allow people to make a carbon copy of a credit card? I'm not saying outright someone from the store would definitely steal it, but what if the fax machine makes a copy and someone throws it out instead of shredding it - there are a lot of possibilities of what could happen stemming from the way they process charge sends so how do you protect yourself from anything happening? I'm guessing it is a rarity because this is the first time I've read about a fraud that may be connected to a charge send, but I definitely checked my statement a few times the last time I did a charge send because it just felt so much more unsecure than other transactions, but I know online transactions may also not be secure because I have experienced an unauthorized charge on my cc before and that was before the charge send.

Just curious, professionally do you think it is safe to allow people to make a carbon copy of a credit card? I'm not saying outright someone from the store would definitely steal it, but what if the fax machine makes a copy and someone throws it out instead of shredding it - there are a lot of possibilities of what could happen stemming from the way they process charge sends so how do you protect yourself from anything happening? I'm guessing it is a rarity because this is the first time I've read about a fraud that may be connected to a charge send, but I definitely checked my statement a few times the last time I did a charge send because it just felt so much more unsecure than other transactions, but I know online transactions may also not be secure because I have experienced an unauthorized charge on my cc before and that was before the charge send.

My eye dr office uses the OLD fashion card machines TODAY

I have never had a problem with them - been going there for 21 years

I have done many many charge sends and NEVER had issues