Food Changing to Vegan

Lola

O.G.
Jan 11, 2006
After watching Forks Over Knives (a documentary) I've been changing my diet to a plant-based whole foods diet. I didn't eat that much meat or diary to begin with so I'm not cutting out much at all. I am looking for easy vegan recipes though. Any vegans out there can help me?

A couple sites that I follow and have made numerous recipes from are www.thugkitchen.com, his recipes are simple to make, and well balanced and fresh. Another one I like is olivesfordinner.com. Her recipes are a bit more complex, but the website is beautiful and the recipes I've made are awesome. Vegweb.com is a huge compendium of recipes of all types and I can always find something new and yummy to make from that one. The magazine Vegetarian Times has good recipes that can easily be made vegan if they are not already. Hope this helps!

Hi! Brand new to all forums, but your post caught my eye. Two veg blogs I like are
healthygirlskitchen.blogspot.com and
happyhealthylonglife.com

I've been vegan for maybe four years now. Some of my favourite simple recipes come from Neil Barnard, the Happy Herbivore, and Jeff Novick. Chef AJ makes amazing stuff too, but sometimes it's a little more work than I want to put into dinner, if you know what I mean. :smile:

Anyway, good luck! It gets easier with time, I promise.

PS Be prepared to be really REALLY hungry while you transition. It tapers off after a while, but everyone I know who has gone vegan went through a period where they couldn't get enough to eat. Stock up on loads of salad stuff, hummus, and fruit. It's frustrating when you're that hungry and don't have enough healthy stuff in the house!

Congratulations on making the change! How has it been thus far?

Although I'm not vegan I have been a vegetarian for 2.5 years and I have gone back and forth from vegan to vegetarian. The hardest part for me is the damn cheese, just can't totally give it up (guess that's what I get for being from the dairy state :P).

Check out One Green Planet, they have a lot of great recipes:
http://www.onegreenplanet.org/tag/vegan-recipes/

Good luck! :smile: