Changing Handbags: How often do you switch?

Yes, I can better justify the expense by using it. My wardrobe is very limited in colors. I'm usually in black, white, or gray with a splash of color with an accessory.
I was a teen/young adult in the Seattle area in the 80's and 90's, where Dr Marten's ruled. Grunge was in but it was just how we dressed to stay warm. I still tend to want to dress like a boy. All my belts are men's and I wear too much black I am sure. Though I have lived in many other places since then where bright days with cloudless skies are a daily occurrence....but I still find myself always returning to black or deep navy (the french gals black). I am terrified of patterns except on scarves. I love solid colors because I like to blend into the crowd. Yet on those days when I'm feeling adventurous I will throw on a scarf with a fun print or a bright bag.

What I find interesting is; I can be in rocker chic clothes and a Birkin or Kelly, yet my shoes are what determine the type of attention I receive while shopping. Dr Martens get nothing but the side eye (which I love lol)... but when I wear CL and JC, with the same outfit....the sales people are all over me! (Which I don't love) ;)

IMG_0343.jpg Just wanted to post a quick reflection on the fact that I definitely "cycle" in and out of love with different H bags in my closet. I will find myself obsessing on one bag at a time - thinking THIS is the PERFECT BAG EVER and I'll wear it for ages while my other H lovelies go neglected in my closet. Then - for no reason I can see - I burn out on it. Into the closet it goes. And then...I "remember" a different bag, bring her out....and VOILA! I'm in love all over again and I truly have no idea why I stopped carrying THAT bag in the first place!!! :P All to say, that the house of H has such a deep, well-made, family of purses/bags that there truly is something for every one and for every occasion. Whether you are new to H, have always appreciated H, have one H bag/no H bag/or a closet-full of H bags....these treasures continue to delight after many many years.

I'm editing a film and staring at my latest re-discovery out of my own closet sitting next to meIMG_0343.jpg ....my Paris Bombay 37 (Haute) in Gold Clemence. A trusty travel and every day companion (I use her with my Barenia Kelly's clochette and lock for travel). A WONDERFUL bag that doesn't get enough attention....it gives me everything I demand of my Birkin better than my Birkin! (over the shoulder (!), not as heavy as a B, still miles of delicious Clemence, more under the radar). Highly recommend if you can find it with a reseller.

Have a lovely H-filled day friends :smile:

Last edited:
I have never seen this bag!!! I could wear this to work because it’s under the radar!! Definitely couldn’t wear my Birkin. Chanel would get too many stares and LV monogram is out of the question. Looks like I’ll have to search for this one. Thanks for sharing!

This is a FABULOUS H option for those of us who need a functional workhorse for career or life but can't do the handheld weight of a Birkin, or want something a little more polished than a Garden Party or studier than a Double Sens. This is my second PB 37 - I did an indepth review of this style about 6 years ago titled "A Paris Bombay 37 for Me"....I'm a little tech challenged, so not sure how to embed the link here. But if you search, you'll find it. I think they stopped making them a number of years ago, so re-seller route is probably the only option. Happy to share :smile:

Reactions: ODEDIHAIMS
View attachment 3966070 Just wanted to post a quick reflection on the fact that I definitely "cycle" in and out of love with different H bags in my closet. I will find myself obsessing on one bag at a time - thinking THIS is the PERFECT BAG EVER and I'll wear it for ages while my other H lovelies go neglected in my closet. Then - for no reason I can see - I burn out on it. Into the closet it goes. And then...I "remember" a different bag, bring her out....and VOILA! I'm in love all over again and I truly have no idea why I stopped carrying THAT bag in the first place!!! :P All to say, that the house of H has such a deep, well-made, family of purses/bags that there truly is something for every one and for every occasion. Whether you are new to H, have always appreciated H, have one H bag/no H bag/or a closet-full of H bags....these treasures continue to delight after many many years.

I'm editing a film and staring at my latest re-discovery out of my own closet sitting next to meView attachment 3966070 ....my Paris Bombay 37 (Haute) in Gold Clemence. A trusty travel and every day companion (I use her with my Barenia Kelly's clochette and lock for travel). A WONDERFUL bag that doesn't get enough attention....it gives me everything I demand of my Birkin better than my Birkin! (over the shoulder (!), not as heavy as a B, still miles of delicious Clemence, more under the radar). Highly recommend if you can find it with a reseller.

Have a lovely H-filled day friends :smile:

I would love to find one too! This looks perfectly useful.

View attachment 3966070 Just wanted to post a quick reflection on the fact that I definitely "cycle" in and out of love with different H bags in my closet. I will find myself obsessing on one bag at a time - thinking THIS is the PERFECT BAG EVER and I'll wear it for ages while my other H lovelies go neglected in my closet. Then - for no reason I can see - I burn out on it. Into the closet it goes. And then...I "remember" a different bag, bring her out....and VOILA! I'm in love all over again and I truly have no idea why I stopped carrying THAT bag in the first place!!! [emoji14] All to say, that the house of H has such a deep, well-made, family of purses/bags that there truly is something for every one and for every occasion. Whether you are new to H, have always appreciated H, have one H bag/no H bag/or a closet-full of H bags....these treasures continue to delight after many many years.

I'm editing a film and staring at my latest re-discovery out of my own closet sitting next to meView attachment 3966070 ....my Paris Bombay 37 (Haute) in Gold Clemence. A trusty travel and every day companion (I use her with my Barenia Kelly's clochette and lock for travel). A WONDERFUL bag that doesn't get enough attention....it gives me everything I demand of my Birkin better than my Birkin! (over the shoulder (!), not as heavy as a B, still miles of delicious Clemence, more under the radar). Highly recommend if you can find it with a reseller.

Have a lovely H-filled day friends [emoji2]
My sentiments exactly. Your bag is stunning!!!!