Change this vintage jumbo for a new jumbo?

omg!u hv the vintage jumbo?????!!!!!!!!!!!pls pls pls pls do keep it n save money for other jumbo.ive been looking for the vintage for so long n couldn't find any.ure so so lucky to hv one dear!

Do you have any idea of how much you would be able to get for the vintage (after paying all consignment fees)?

I would probably buy a new jumbo without selling the vintage.

Well, I will be the contrarian. I say sell it. I am not a fan of vintage, which is another word for dated and used.

The point of wearing luxury goods is being fashionable, and for me, fashionable means being in the current season. The vintage bag you have looks dated and it is not puffy the ones are today. I know it's 22K gold plated, but honestly, so what? It's not like it's a 22K solid gold, it's just plated and not worth much. It's like having a 22K gold plated necklace... it's just plated and worth anything in terms of real monetary gold value.

Aside from the gold plating which doesn't factor at all for me... I honestly think the bags look very dated.

When you wear it, it will look like an old Chanel, and possibly come across as a fake. For me, I would rather have a brand new, current season, puffy quilt Chanel anyday. Hands down. It's much more fashionable, and after all, we buy Chanel to be fashionable and stylish.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Personally, I like your vintage quite a lot and I find that it is a wonderful "collectors" piece. There is something wonderfully timeless and classic in nearly all chanel bags. Might I suggest that you keep this bag and save up slowly over time if you wish to add a classic flap to your collection? However, if you are just not enjoying this bag anymore or not using it, then by all means... sell it and get something you love.

I too think your vintage piece looks great! It's rare and unique. Think twice before you let her go!!! If you like the new jumbo, maybe save up and get a more "updated" version so you have both?!!! Your vintage flap is definitely a collector item!!