Chanel wallet: a good investment?

LV' s slg generally hold up better than Chanel's in my opinion. I have seen a lot of beaten up Chanel wallets and have seen LV's ones aged v well.
I too switched from LV to Chanel cavier wallet but am thinking of buying an LV wallet again very soon!

I like wallets and I love my Chanel wallets. Though, if you are looking for durability, the LV canvas wallets are a better option IMO. My older LV wallets show much less wear (almost no noticeable wear) than my newer Chanel wallets.

Hello-
I just purchased the sac rabat today and the question of a wallet has come up already. The husband wants to take me back to Chanel to pick one up this weekend. I'd love to hear what you decide on. I think you have the larger size (?) because "class" is not on my tag. I wanted the bigger one but the color I wanted only came in small. What color did you buy if you don't mind me asking?

Mine is like a taupe grey. I'm not home now so I can't measure, but maybe these photos will help gauge the size. I would describe the color as a greige:smile:

Attachments

• 2013-01-28 17.37.30.jpg
    2013-01-28 17.37.30.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 11,925
  • 2013-01-22 19.56.37.jpg
    2013-01-22 19.56.37.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 4,610
Last edited:
i would go for the vernis zcp. i have one in pomme and use it in both my lv and chanel bags. i find that the vernis is quite durable and also a pretty pop of color regardless of which bag i carry :biggrin:

I carry the LV zippy coin purse and pouchette in all my "outside" bags. LV canvas are made so much more durable. After so many years, still looks new. I'd go with LV for the small accessories.

I, too, was looking for a Chanel wallet but never could find the right one in the right size. I tried to use the small Chanel business card case but it was too small for me. The smallest Chanel wallet was still too big and left me with limited space in my m/l flap. I ended up with the LV vernis zcp as my wallet and using the mono cles for my keys and/or other cards. No regrets and the best decision for me.

I would love to get a Chanel wallet but I can't seem to find the right one for me. :nogood:

So I am too wondering if I should get a Chanel wallet to fit in my small Sac Rabat. My full size LV Sara wallet is not even close. I do have a LV pocket organizer that I use with my Chanel clutch. It's slim, fits nicely and it's less fussy than some of the women's wallets (it's a man's wallet that looks kind of like a small passport cover from the outside). I am also considering getting a man's LV billfold. The pocket organizer can only fit about 6 cards comfortably and I want something simple without a ton of snaps, zippers and shine. The LV men's wallets are all small enough to fit in the smaller Chanel bags. Just another option for you!

AmorNChanel said:
I, too, was looking for a Chanel wallet but never could find the right one in the right size. I tried to use the small Chanel business card case but it was too small for me. The smallest Chanel wallet was still too big and left me with limited space in my m/l flap. I ended up with the LV vernis zcp as my wallet and using the mono cles for my keys and/or other cards. No regrets and the best decision for me.

I would love to get a Chanel wallet but I can't seem to find the right one for me. :nogood:

I just got an LV Vernis zip today as well. I think the size is perfect for small bags and holds 6 cards comfortably with space for coins and folder cash. I have a sorta three quarter Chanel wallet for my bigger bags but could not find a Chanel wallet small enough for my needs.

I have both Chanel caviar small wallet and a LV Epi ZCP. They are both great wallets. Normally, I use my ZCP for traveling.

Chanel wallet is a very good investment. It was purchased right before the price increase in January of 2012. It still looks brand new.

I love my chanel wallet (as in my profile picture), good size, fits everything I need, and fits in m/l while still leaving it space for other stuff. Do recommend caviar though, I saw my friend's yen wallet in lamb skin , she uses it occasionally but it looks more worn than mine with almost half year use

I personally have a black reissue wallet in distressed calfskin and love it. Its not fragile, I can put it in any of my bags and I wouldn't think twice about buying it in a different color (red?) in the future.