Chanel Vintage Quilted Cosmetic/Train Case - any photos ? info ?

:yahoo:Oh Wow ! Oh Wow !! Oh Wow !!! Love the strap ! I have soooo many questions for you, if I may. 1) So, bottom line: can you confirm that it's authentic ? 2) do you know what it's called ? 3) do you have any idea how old these are ? 4) are those additional straps connecting the back to the top with the mirror ? Mine doesn't have them but there doesn't seem to be anything missing either. 5) does yours have the stretchy things for holding bottles ? 6) does your zipper pull have any markings or is it plain like mine. 7) do you have any idea if and/or where I could get a strap ? Boy, I feel like a kid in a candy store. Louis Fanatic, you are indeed Fantastic !

Last edited:
Moia - i do not have this case. the pic i got is from another site - meant for your reference only

1. your makeup case looks authentic (but i haven't seen your hologram sticker). just from the outside and interior pics you have it looks exact
2. i don't know what it's called
3. don't know how old they are - have you tried to cross reference it with the tpf Chanel library
4. the detachable straps are usually hooked onto the base of the top handle
5. the other ones i've seen have teh stretchy holdings (looks like able to hold 3)
6. interior zipper is like yours - with the little round gold logo
7. maybe you can bring your case into a Chanel boutique and see if they will get a strap for yours

Hope this helps. i see a few of them for sale in Japan that's why i pulled the pic for you. Good luck getting the strap. :smile:

Aah, that explains the super fast photos. I greatly appreciate the info you've provided; it gives me some great insight and a possible direction for research. Alas, I have no hologram sticker, I had always assumed it was because the case was older. Now I am a bit concerned. Let's see what the super knowledgeable ladies in the "Authenticate This" thread come up with. And thanks again.