Chanel stitching issues - please help!

skatergal90

Dec 31, 2019
Hey guys, so Chanel just took my newly bought bag for servicing for glue stains (they admitted that it wasn't normal for new bag to have that). I'll update on the outcome.

However, my bag also had some stitching holes that seemed they would grow larger over time that I was concerned about. The sales associate said the stitching holes were normal, but I'm not so sure it should be normal for a new bag.

Could I please enlist your help again to look through my photos and let me know if this is normal or if you see any of these issues in your flap bags as well?? Much appreciated and thanks alot

Attachments

• IMG_20191230_092229~2.jpg
    IMG_20191230_092229~2.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_20191230_092148~2.jpg
    IMG_20191230_092148~2.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_20191230_092240~2.jpg
    IMG_20191230_092240~2.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 395
It would most certainly bother me. It seems to be badly stitched, some of the holes are pretty large. Maybe check with your SA again and see if she has another bag to compare it with yours. Good luck.

Reactions: skatergal90
The holes are where the stitching is, so I went to the store and checked but it was inconsistent. I just don't know who to trust because the ones with bigger holes maybe were left behind cos of the defects? Certainly there were bags without such stitching issues

The holes are where the stitching is, so I went to the store and checked but it was inconsistent. I just don't know who to trust because the ones with bigger holes maybe were left behind cos of the defects? Certainly there were bags without such stitching issues
The stitching does bother me a bit, but that may be the string cutting into the leather during the stitch.

It would most certainly bother me. It seems to be badly stitched, some of the holes are pretty large. Maybe check with your SA again and see if she has another bag to compare it with yours. Good luck.

Where are there holes? I don’t see anything. This is also a really intricate bag that may have some weird inconsistencies, the material looks so fine and delicate

Sorry I forgot to add quotes to my above reply

That looks pretty normal...I wouldn’t worry about it.

A lot of bags have stitching issues like these. I’d say it’s pretty common and not something to be entirely concerned over.

The bag is handmade and they needed to stitch somewhere. This looks fine to me.

Thank you so much guys, you really helped to alleviate my anxieties about this :smile: I guess I just expected something like perfection from Chanel

Reactions: Kuschelnudde
Hey guys, so Chanel just took my newly bought bag for servicing for glue stains (they admitted that it wasn't normal for new bag to have that). I'll update on the outcome.

However, my bag also had some stitching holes that seemed they would grow larger over time that I was concerned about. The sales associate said the stitching holes were normal, but I'm not so sure it should be normal for a new bag.

Could I please enlist your help again to look through my photos and let me know if this is normal or if you see any of these issues in your flap bags as well?? Much appreciated and thanks alot

looks fine

The stitching does bother me a bit, but that may be the string cutting into the leather during the stitch.

Where are there holes? I don’t see anything. This is also a really intricate bag that may have some weird inconsistencies, the material looks so fine and delicate

Sorry I forgot to add quotes to my above reply

That looks pretty normal...I wouldn’t worry about it.

A lot of bags have stitching issues like these. I’d say it’s pretty common and not something to be entirely concerned over.

The bag is handmade and they needed to stitch somewhere. This looks fine to me.

Thank you so much guys, you've really helped to alleviate my anxiety :smile:

UPDATE: Wrote in to customer service thanks to all your comments, and they issued a full refund to me in store credit. Seems that Chanel really stands behind the quality of their bags!!

Reactions: Christofle
I don’t think that’s normal.
For example; I bought a timeless classic tote in Paris 3 weeks ago. One of them had the same corner stitching your bag had, the other bag didn’t have that and no stitching holes where shown on the corners. So yes, I do think that’s not normal.

Good thing you got your money back. I’m not familiar with that particular material. From far away it may look different, up close it looks awful, cheap, and busy. What is it? Tweed? And for how much? YUCK !! Stick with quilted leather Chanel and leave the tweed to your clothing line (in my opinion).