Chanel so black 2021 original price

Marie_annen

May 13, 2021
Hi guys, I'm new here in the Chanel part of the forum (most of my bags are Loewe and Celine).

I want to ad a So Black to my collection and found a few on the resale market that I'm considering. I will probably end up paying more than the original price, but I'm interested in knowing how much.

This So Black rectangular bag from 2021, does anyone know the original price? I tried googling but couldn't find this specific one.

Thanks in advance!

C-M255-101822-1-01_1024x1024.jpg

I believe this was part of 21B/Fall Act 1 2021 collection. The price was $4400 when the collection was first released, however there was a price increase July 1, and this particular bag would have been $4700 when it hit the store mid-late July.

HTH and GL!

Hi guys, I'm new here in the Chanel part of the forum (most of my bags are Loewe and Celine).

I want to ad a So Black to my collection and found a few on the resale market that I'm considering. I will probably end up paying more than the original price, but I'm interested in knowing how much.

This So Black rectangular bag from 2021, does anyone know the original price? I tried googling but couldn't find this specific one.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 5797082
Highly recommend this particular 21S mini rectangular (or square mini ) because of the “classic flap” quality lambskin Chanel used for these bags. I paid $4700 plus tax. LOVE this bag!

IMG_4069.png

I believe this was part of 21B/Fall Act 1 2021 collection. The price was $4400 when the collection was first released, however there was a price increase July 1, and this particular bag would have been $4700 when it hit the store mid-late July.

HTH and GL!
Thank you for the info!
I think the mini rectangular and mini reissue are/were the same price. With that being said, I bought a So Black Mini Reissue from 21A and paid $6,750AUD if that helps.
It does, thank you very much!
Highly recommend this particular 21S mini rectangular (or square mini ) because of the “classic flap” quality lambskin Chanel used for these bags. I paid $4700 plus tax. LOVE this bag!

View attachment 5797663
Good with a recommendation, so beautiful!
Has yours scratched easily/ gotten marks or is the leather durable enough? I've seen different opinions about it.

Just picked up a so black mini reissue as part of the 23a collection that launched this week. It was $5300…steeper than I was expecting but also surprised to find in the boutique. May want to check it out if available.
Thanks for the info, I'll check my local shop too then. Was pretty sure it wasn't possible to walk in and them having it in stock. Crossing my fingers they have it.

Reactions: minimoose
Thank you for the info!

It does, thank you very much!

Good with a recommendation, so beautiful!
Has yours scratched easily/ gotten marks or is the leather durable enough? I've seen different opinions about it.
Lambskin of Chanel higher grade leather are more “delicate”, “buttery soft” and surprisingly resilient but not “durable”. Loewe’s grained calf or Celine’s grained are durable. Yet that rectangular mini feels like pure joy & luxury to use. Any indentation or smaller scratches get buffed off easily. I run errands with it for 2 years weekly and the bag looks just like when I bought it /minus little more relaxed shapewise/.

When I meet up with my friend at the restaurants who wears Chanel lamb she throws her bags around/ floor/ under the table. Mine are hanging on side of the chairs. The condition of our Chanel lambskin bags are strikingly different.

Reactions: Marie_annen
Lambskin of Chanel higher grade leather are more “delicate”, “buttery soft” and surprisingly resilient but not “durable”. Loewe’s grained calf or Celine’s grained are durable. Yet that rectangular mini feels like pure joy & luxury to use. Any indentation or smaller scratches get buffed off easily. I run errands with it for 2 years weekly and the bag looks just like when I bought it /minus little more relaxed shapewise/.

When I meet up with my friend at the restaurants who wears Chanel lamb she throws her bags around/ floor/ under the table. Mine are hanging on side of the chairs. The condition of our Chanel lambskin bags are strikingly different.
Good to know, thank you! My everyday bag is the Loewe Puzzle in grained calf and the Chanel would be a bag for more special occasions, so definitely will take care of it like you do.

Going to the store tomorrow, hopefully it is in stock/ can be reserved, since I don't have a purchase history. We will see.

Reactions: ManyMoons
Yes, questioning my sanity as well. Still significantly cheaper than a small and know it will only continue to climb in price. Figure now or never!
It’s such a special piece. It’s around 1K more than what I paid last year. I have a few regrets for not buying things when I could thinking they were “overpriced“. I so regret not getting those things because prices just go up.

You’ll be pleased to look back at this purchasing decision in a year. Mostly because this reissue will make you very happy and also it’ll be another grand more in a year or two.