Chanel RTW Sizing

Hello ladies,
I need help ordering a Chanel jacket without trying it on first and need help with sizing.

The jacket available is a size 34. I heard these jackets run small and thought maybe I need a 36?

I typically wear
Size 34 or xs in H&M and Zara
Size 34 in Balenciaga
Size 0 or xs in Theory/Vince

Thank you in advance !

Hello ladies,
I need help ordering a Chanel jacket without trying it on first and need help with sizing.

The jacket available is a size 34. I heard these jackets run small and thought maybe I need a 36?

I typically wear
Size 34 or xs in H&M and Zara
Size 34 in Balenciaga
Size 0 or xs in Theory/Vince

Thank you in advance !

It depends on the jacket, as some run small and some run true to size or large, but in general a size 34 is the same as an xs or 0 or 00. They are made with generous seam allowances which allow them to be taken in or let out, so that helps a size or so.

It depends on the jacket, it it is boxy then take the smallest size available and the seamstresses at Chanel will alter free of charge. If the jacket is a classic cut then take your usual size but the seamstresses are so good, I've bought a FR40 before and had it tailored down to 36 perfection. It sounds like you are FR34

I am a guy and I have once bought a tuxedo jacket from Chanel.. I might be a bit different to all the ladies but the seamstresses are a GENIUS!

I usually dress in a IT 48 to a IT 50 (mens) depending on cut and I am in Chanel land a FR 44 to a FR 46.. I know I know I am not the skinniest of woman :graucho: and when I tried it on it was a bit tight around my armpits and that area.. The extra material that is inside the jacket, can allow the seamstresses to either take in or let out a little bit for you for a perfect tailored fit!

Since you are a woman and that you have more choice in size, I would honestly recommend you to get ANYTHING a size up or two.. its always better for anyone to have more material to take away, than to magically produce material to make it up a size... Make sure have it authenticated as if its not the people at Chanel won't alter it for you...

Off topic but I also managed to fit perfectly into a FR 42 little black jacket with pearl embellishments, but yeah it was 40% off but damn was it still expensive and knowing I won't wear it, I didn't get it :sad:

Hope this helps and yeah best of luck!

Thank you Tutushopper, mlemee and L. Vuitton.Freak for your advice. I will order it as the price is too good to pass up and hopefully it will fit! Otherwise I will give Chanel a call. This jacket is bought from a consignment shop so I don't know if Chanel will still alter it if needs be 😕.

Again, thank you again for giving me great info!

Thank you Tutushopper, mlemee and L. Vuitton.Freak for your advice. I will order it as the price is too good to pass up and hopefully it will fit! Otherwise I will give Chanel a call. This jacket is bought from a consignment shop so I don't know if Chanel will still alter it if needs be 😕.

Again, thank you again for giving me great info!

They will alter it, but you will have to pay for the alterations.

They will alter it, but you will have to pay for the alterations.

Tutushopper,
Thank you so much for the tip. I just called Chanel and you are right, they will alter it for a fee. Eek! Did I mention I'm pregnant right now and will not be able to really see if the jacket fit properly until after birth? Am I crazy for taking such a risk? My plan is to have my friend who is the exact same build as me try it on when the jacket arrives and if it fits her Or if it needs just a little alteration I will keep it. Otherwise I will return it. the price is just too good and I've been searching for this particular jacket forever!

Best,
GimmieHermes

It sound like you are FR34. I'm in size 34 at ZARA, and got myself in size 36 in Chanel on my 13P black jacket. The FR34 is little tight when button up, when FR36 shoulder is a bit big.

I go by the measurements of the garment. I have found their pieces to be all over the place and the number size sometimes means nothing. Try on a jacket in your closet that fits well, take the measurements and let that be your guide.

It's a nice jacket btw. I think you shouldn't worry too much. Sounds like you are a 34 but make sure that this jacket hasn't been altered before. Coz if it's a little tight, chanel will be able to make the alteration to fit you.

Would anyone be able to advise on the sizing of the chanel Paris in Rome black bottom jacket? I'm trying to get my hands on one and unsure of the sizing.
I'm a US 6 to 8. 34DDD.
My SA said they run small and I would need a 46!
My other chanel jackets are all 40 and 42. For reference I have this in 40 and it fits great:smile: IMG_1480275193.502642.jpg
Any advice would be appreciated in sizing ! :smile:

Would anyone be able to advise on the sizing of the chanel Paris in Rome black bottom jacket? I'm trying to get my hands on one and unsure of the sizing.
I'm a US 6 to 8. 34DDD.
My SA said they run small and I would need a 46!
My other chanel jackets are all 40 and 42. For reference I have this in 40 and it fits great:smile: View attachment 3532453
Any advice would be appreciated in sizing ! :smile:

Hi there :wave: So my normal size for Chanel jackets is 38 (perfect on shoulders and room to spare on body with perfect fit) or 36 (on less fitted styles) for Chanel jackets (shoulders and waist fit me perfectly at those sizes). I'm 32C. Here's the thing... Your SA may not be far off in recommending either 44 or 46 for this jacket... This is a tough jacket to predict on the fit/cut and while normally 2-3 sizes up is quite crazy it may be possible for this style due to the ridiculously tight cut in the chest area (it's like it's cut for a teenage boy instead of a woman..).

I got the pre-fall LBJ in size 38 and it's fitted like a glove - meaning no extra space whatsoever - e.g., don't gain weight / do not have too many big meals :lol:

Though it's so fitted, it was perfect as it happen to look like it was tailored specific for my body and look best for me as I prefer a more tailored look so I decided not to size up. This is motivation to never gain weight :P Note that the length and shoulders fit perfectly at my usual size 38 though the chest/top area was very snug (e.g., anything more than a dress shirt/t-shirt underneath would not look right/be comfortable to button jacket up).

I wonder though if you need to size up 2-3 sizes due to the unusually tight cut in the chest area, whether or not it would run into problem for shoulders/arms/waist being too wide.. as shoulders/arms/waist areas may be difficult to take in too many sizes...?

Any chance to try it on in the store before you lock in the size and see how the shoulder and waist would fit you in this jacket? It's very tough to estimate size as while all who's tried one on knows that it runs way small, but it's difficult to gauge how many sizes to go up because the tailoring on the fit is very specific and really depends on the shape of your body (pear/apple/hourglass shape). Totally surprised that there's any left at all so best of luck and hope it works out for you!

HTH