Chanel Rouge Noir and Paradoxal in Gelish! Please help!!!

JackPKA1

O.G.
May 17, 2006
Hello, Please help! I just got into gel nails and purchased the Gelish system. Can anyone please help me find my 2 favorite Chanel colors (either single color or in layered combinations) in Gelish??

On Gelish's site, I can not find something even close! I've heard Jet Set but that does not look right to me.

I'm open to getting another brand of gel nail polish if I can get these colors!

Thank you!!!

Hello, Please help! I just got into gel nails and purchased the Gelish system. Can anyone please help me find my 2 favorite Chanel colors (either single color or in layered combinations) in Gelish??

On Gelish's site, I can not find something even close! I've heard Jet Set but that does not look right to me.

Thank you!!!

jet set was my first thought on paradoxal. sorry it´s not for you. Maybe shellac fedora on rouge noir. fedora might be slightly more bownish though

oh and you can also use a regular polish over your gelish manicure. Just remember to use a basecoat. otherwise the regular polish changes the gelishcolour a bit. Regular polishes over a SOG dries quicker and lasts much much longer:smile:. I am wearing CG evening seduction over my shellacmani. looks a lot like rouge noir

Thank you!!!

For Paradoxal, you might try Jet Set since it looks different on then in any swatch I've seen or Geleration Venus was her Name. You should also look at other lines like Artistic Colour Gloss - All the Rage, maybe. And Geleration - maybe Winsdor Castle or Cherrywood for Rouge Noir. You can use these lines with your Gelish base and top coats and they LED cure as well, in fact, ACG is made by the same company as Gelish.

If all else fails, you can always 1) sandwich your Chanel between layers of Gelish base and top - it doesn't last as long as a Geish mani, but it's still better than a regular polish; or 2) use your Chanel over your Gelish, again not as long-lasting as Gelish but much better than regular.

In some of the search pics I just looked at I wonder if something like Artistic colour gloss all the rage with geleration chic over top would be similar. It looks like sort of a brownish shade with a pearlescent shimmer. In other pics it looked much more purple. I'll try to play with some swatches tomorrow.

I do not have Chanel paradoxal to compare if any of these are even close, but here are some combos I did this morning.

They are combos of Artistic Color Gloss's Vogue, All the Rage and Mochachino (all 2 coats) with 1 coat of Geleration Chic on top.

outside in partial sun:
IMG_1253.JPG

Outside in full shade:
IMG_1252.JPG

IMG_1250.JPG

Outside in the sun
IMG_1251.JPG

Inside with direct sunlight from window:
IMG_1244.JPG

^It's in the same kind of dusty purple colour family, but I think Paradoxal is a little darker! Is it possible to mix a top color with a darker base color? I don't know much about gelish...

Thank you!!!

I'm with a couple of the other girls - before you spring for a dup in a SOG, try wearing your Chanel colors over the top of a clear Gelish mani. It wears really well, and then you can spend your money on new colors instead of duplicating ones you already have.

ByeKitty said:
^It's in the same kind of dusty purple colour family, but I think Paradoxal is a little darker! Is it possible to mix a top color with a darker base color? I don't know much about gelish...

Yes I have mixed two colors together as well as layering but haven't ayed with that for a combo like this yet.

FLmermaid said:
I'm with a couple of the other girls - before you spring for a dup in a SOG, try wearing your Chanel colors over the top of a clear Gelish mani. It wears really well, and then you can spend your money on new colors instead of duplicating ones you already have.

I too get decent wear of regular polish over gelish. I get about 5 days. Normally I don't even get a day with regular polish alone. Give it a try. If you let the regular polish dry completely, like overnight, or at least several hours you can even top it with gelish top it off.

Thank you!!!
My favourite polish is Rouge Noir and was desperately trying to find a Gelish dupe (or even one of the other gel polishes) but could not find one quite right. Then I tried Bella's Vampire with Stand Out and it is pretty much a perfect match (I tried it on one nail with Rouge Noir on the next nail to compare). I used 2 coats of Bella's Vampire (dark dark purple) then one coat of Stand Out (quite a bright red). Hope this helps or please let me know if you come up with anything closer.

Although i was never obsessed with this color, what I AM obsessed with is a puzzle, LOL. And I gotta admit, Paradoxal IS a really pretty color.

I managed to pick up a bottle of Revlon Naughty, which I have read is basically a re-release of Revlon Perplex, which was a dupe for Paradoxal. In other swatches i've seen here , here and here (re: perplex) they do look very close to me, albeit not exactly the same. The Paradoxal seems to have a more brown undertone maybe?

At any rate, Instead of layering Geleration Chic over ACG All the Rage, this time I mixed them. 5 drops All the Rage to 2 drops Geleration Chic. I think this is much closer than my previous attempt, albeit still not exactly the same. However, this mixture I made up ended up being pretty sheer, this swatch is four coats, compared to 2 coats of the Revlon Naughty. I bet if you layered 1-2 coats of this mix over something like All the Rage by itself, then you might get even closer. Or over a dark purple, if you wanted the more purple look of Revlon Naughty.

IMG_7091.JPG

IMG_7092.JPG