Chanel Reissue - Mini vs 225 size

I hope this is the correct thread.. I’m new here . My wonderful SA has me on the waitlist for both the mini reissue and the 225 coming this week. I have seen neither firsthand so I’m agonizing over the size. In pictures the mini does not look terribly small. I need help deciding! I’m 5’4” and 125 lbs for reference.. which do you all recommend? I will wear it crossbody and use often. Are the strap lengths the same? Is the mini practical? Any advice would be so appreciated! TIA!

I thought a while about these two bags and came to the conclusion that in the end these are two different bags and not soo easy to compare.
The reissue mini is a great bag! It has the most perfect crossbody length and also holds the basics easily... I ended up exchanging mine anyway, but because of the hardware. waiting for the perfect combo :biggrin:
The 225 feels much more like a „real“ bag. The double flap feels substantial and it fits more.
But to me it doesn’t work crossbody. Although I think it looks good, it feels very unpractical..

Thanks so much for your response . So u feel the 225 is not practical as a crossbody? Are u also waiting for silver or ruthenium hw? It’s so hard without seeing them . I ordered the so black square mini and this it was gorgeous it was too short for crossbody and it really is TINY. Hoping the 224 look a little more substantial.. do u think so having had it on you?

I hope this is the correct thread.. I’m new here . My wonderful SA has me on the waitlist for both the mini reissue and the 225 coming this week. I have seen neither firsthand so I’m agonizing over the size. In pictures the mini does not look terribly small. I need help deciding! I’m 5’4” and 125 lbs for reference.. which do you all recommend? I will wear it crossbody and use often. Are the strap lengths the same? Is the mini practical? Any advice would be so appreciated! TIA!

Hi,

I don’t have a mini reissue but I have a rectangular mini which is very similar in size as well as a 225. I think they’re two very different bags but if I had to choose one I would definitely recommend the 225. It’s my favourite Chanel because the size is perfect. The mini will hold just your essentials (phone, keys, cardholder, coin purse, lipstick) while the 225 will hold slightly more. I also find the mini looks very cute but the 225 is more classic and can go from casual to dressy.

Hi,

I don’t have a mini reissue but I have a rectangular mini which is very similar in size as well as a 225. I think they’re two very different bags but if I had to choose one I would definitely recommend the 225. It’s my favourite Chanel because the size is perfect. The mini will hold just your essentials (phone, keys, cardholder, coin purse, lipstick) while the 225 will hold slightly more. I also find the mini looks very cute but the 225 is more classic and can go from casual to dressy.

Ah one vote for each one! Decisions, decisions.. maybe I should just get both lol...I’m good with downsizing to a certain extent, I guess I’m more concerned about how it looks in terms of proportion. Thank you for taking the time to reply!

I fell in love with the 225, but when the mini reissue came along I purchased that because it was rare and at a better price point.

Fast forward 3 months later I ended up also purchasing the 225 just today before the looming price increase here in Aus :lol:

Ban island for me. I think that'll be my last chanel flap bag. :panic:

I love all the pockets on my 225. I only have a classic mini to compare, as I didn’t want the shiny in the mini reissue. I’ll admit, I think they are so different that it’s hard to compare. If you want to use the bag everyday, I would definitely say the 225. I use my WOCs and mini on the weekend, but they barely hold anything. Does anyone know if the mini reissue is coming out in RHW? I would probably get that, as I don’t have a small black Chanel.

Thanks so much for your response . So u feel the 225 is not practical as a crossbody? Are u also waiting for silver or ruthenium hw? It’s so hard without seeing them . I ordered the so black square mini and this it was gorgeous it was too short for crossbody and it really is TINY. Hoping the 224 look a little more substantial.. do u think so having had it on you?
I just felt the 225 was somehow in the way worn crossbody. While a small cf for example works very well crossbody (for me). I hope there might be a so black mini reissue.... or a 224...
I think the minis generally feel less substantial than the double flaps...
I have comparison photos in the first post.

I fell in love with the 225, but when the mini reissue came along I purchased that because it was rare and at a better price point.

Fast forward 3 months later I ended up also purchasing the 225 just today before the looming price increase here in Aus :lol:

Ban island for me. I think that'll be my last chanel flap bag. :panic:
haha I understand! both are very pretty!!

Reactions: jsscxx
I love all the pockets on my 225. I only have a classic mini to compare, as I didn’t want the shiny in the mini reissue. I’ll admit, I think they are so different that it’s hard to compare. If you want to use the bag everyday, I would definitely say the 225. I use my WOCs and mini on the weekend, but they barely hold anything. Does anyone know if the mini reissue is coming out in RHW? I would probably get that, as I don’t have a small black Chanel.
I’m quite sure they’ll be out in rhw.. but in lambskin..

I just felt the 225 was somehow in the way worn crossbody. While a small cf for example works very well crossbody (for me). I hope there might be a so black mini reissue.... or a 224...
I think the minis generally feel less substantial than the double flaps...
I have comparison photos in the first post.
I wear my 225 as a crossbody. I have two small children, so if I can’t wear it crossbody, it’s a deal breaker! I missed that in your post.

Reactions: earthygirl