Chanel Prices in Korea Incheon Airport ( Duty free)

Is the price in the Chanel boutique in Incheon airport the same as the US price as it excludes tax?

Hi, I posted info regarding this on pg 2. Korea is not cheap at all for luxury products. The prices in the duty free are in USD and have no taxes but its priced higher than the prices in the US. Back in 2012, the m/l was $4710 USD and the jumbo was $53xx where the prices in the US were $4400 for the m/l and $4900 for the jumbo. Therefore, you may save a little on taxes depending on your state tax.

Hope that gives you a sense of the prices.

Hi, I posted info regarding this on pg 2. Korea is not cheap at all for luxury products. The prices in the duty free are in USD and have no taxes but its priced higher than the prices in the US. Back in 2012, the m/l was $4710 USD and the jumbo was $53xx where the prices in the US were $4400 for the m/l and $4900 for the jumbo. Therefore, you may save a little on taxes depending on your state tax.

Hope that gives you a sense of the prices.

Thanks for your reply.
I did read your post back in 2012, but there has been some other post since then, i.e. in 2013, where some people are saying that price in the Incheon boutique is comparable to the US price, therefore I would like to clarify if it is still the case now...

As we know Chanel keep changing their prices so I just want to know what is the current situation.

Thanks!

Chanel in Korea, if you don't live there, is always cheaper getting it from outside the Duty Free at the actual boutiques and then getting the VAT refund.
DFS make a small % off the top. At face value you don't see it, but if you do the calcs, you will.