Chanel Prices in Korea Incheon Airport ( Duty free)

hi may I know how much does chanel jumbo caviar cost in seoul? in usd. Btw is it cheaper to buy from my local store (Singapore Chanel Boutique) for SGD $7250 or buying in seoul with gst vat rebate cheaper?

hi may I know how much does chanel jumbo caviar cost in seoul? in usd. Btw is it cheaper to buy from my local store (Singapore Chanel Boutique) for SGD $7250 or buying in seoul with gst vat rebate cheaper?

The jumbo is $5310usd and $4710usd the medium/large at the duty free shops. You do not get the 7% tax refund at duty free stores as its already duty free.

At the chanel boutique, the jumbo is $6,800,000 krw and $6,100,000krw for the medium/large. (You can do the conversion into your currency.) You get 7% tax refund by asking for a tax refund slip and claim it at the airport.

I bought the medium flap at the Lotte duty free and i picked it up at the airport. Duty free purchases can only be picked up at the airport. I got the whole packaging with it. The box with chanel ribbon, camelia flower, with chanel bag.

Wow, the price over there is not cheaper at all even it's duty free, I was going to buy a bag when I go there, after knowing the price I think I'll just buy it in US. Thanks for the price update.:smile:

The jumbo is $5310usd and $4710usd the medium/large at the duty free shops. You do not get the 7% tax refund at duty free stores as its already duty free.

At the chanel boutique, the jumbo is $6,800,000 krw and $6,100,000krw for the medium/large. (You can do the conversion into your currency.) You get 7% tax refund by asking for a tax refund slip and claim it at the airport.

I bought the medium flap at the Lotte duty free and i picked it up at the airport. Duty free purchases can only be picked up at the airport. I got the whole packaging with it. The box with chanel ribbon, camelia flower, with chanel bag.

Wow, the price over there is not cheaper at all even it's duty free, I was going to buy a bag when I go there, after knowing the price I think I'll just buy it in US. Thanks for the price update.:smile:

Ya, Korea is not exactly the best place to shop for luxury brands cause its heavily marked up. However, coming from Canada where my provincial taxes are 13%, i managed to save in taxes and cdn $ was stronger then usd. So you really have to work calculate it out. In general, duty free is still cheaper than Canada cause of the tax savings.

I transitted there last week, July. CHANEL boutique is still there. It's not in the directory leaflet tho. I need to ask information counter. The prices there are similar to the US after tax. There are many of these duty free all over the city. However, it's recommended that you have to be there a lot more hours in advance to pick up if you buy in the city instead of at the airport. I heard stories of people missed their flight waiting in line for the duty free pick up.

I went to lotte duty free outside airport. Medium flap is around USD4,710. But the boutique sells at the much more expensive price. I think the TPFer's comment on prices above is still valid as of July. They don't have any mini available tho. But they said the price is USD2,600 if there were any available) Only WOC available is black sevruga which is selling about the same price as US (before tax, for WOC. So, it's cheaper than US). WOC quilted is about USD1,900.

Hope this help. And please remember if buying outside the airport, allow a couple hours in advance for pick up.

lovelykatie said:
I transitted there last week, July. CHANEL boutique is still there. It's not in the directory leaflet tho. I need to ask information counter. The prices there are similar to the US after tax. There are many of these duty free all over the city. However, it's recommended that you have to be there a lot more hours in advance to pick up if you buy in the city instead of at the airport. I heard stories of people missed their flight waiting in line for the duty free pick up.

I went to lotte duty free outside airport. Medium flap is around USD4,710. But the boutique sells at the much more expensive price. I think the TPFer's comment on prices above is still valid as of July. They don't have any mini available tho. But they said the price is USD2,600 if there were any available) Only WOC available is black sevruga which is selling about the same price as US (before tax, for WOC. So, it's cheaper than US). WOC quilted is about USD1,900.

Hope this help. And please remember if buying outside the airport, allow a couple hours in advance for pick up.

Thanks for the tip! Should check out next time I fly through there!

I lived in Korea for more than 10 years and because my wife is Chanel mania, purchased bags in US (Vegas/NYC), SIN, HKG, KUL, DXB, MXP, CDG and of course ICN. Recent purchase (7/31) from Lotte DFS (in downtown) for Chanel Cerf Tote which was USD2,730. On my trip to Brussel, I bought the same one last week for EUR1,870 (at request of my co-worker). The difference was much smaller before but with the fair trade deal, Chanel Korea just jacked up the local price by more than 20% (compared to 5-10% elsewhere) with follow on effect to DFS.

In short, unless Korea is your final or only destination, I suggest sticking to Europe or even US (even with taxes).

I lived in Korea for more than 10 years and because my wife is Chanel mania, purchased bags in US (Vegas/NYC), SIN, HKG, KUL, DXB, MXP, CDG and of course ICN. Recent purchase (7/31) from Lotte DFS (in downtown) for Chanel Cerf Tote which was USD2,730. On my trip to Brussel, I bought the same one last week for EUR1,870 (at request of my co-worker). The difference was much smaller before but with the fair trade deal, Chanel Korea just jacked up the local price by more than 20% (compared to 5-10% elsewhere) with follow on effect to DFS.

In short, unless Korea is your final or only destination, I suggest sticking to Europe or even US (even with taxes).

Ryan20, did you get a VAT refund in Brussels for your Chanel purchase and what % was it?