Chanel Prices and Stock in PARIS and other Chanel in Paris questions!

I just thought that stocks in the UK are always sooo waitlisted I was tired of ringing SA's over and over again for bags. Anyways I had ordered bags from Balenciaga Paris in the past and the prices were slightly cheaper than London even with shipping. So I thought that maybe Chanel would offer a similar service as there is a Chanel boutique on practically every street corner in the centre of Paris. Obviously I was wrong. Back to the ring and beg option Ladies.

My sister has a friend who lives in PARIS!! To get a handbag that I wanted there!!! Oh yeah.. What's so special with the stocks in Paris BTW???

they got more stks??? Just like my white classic jumbo flap..my country don't bring them it (they don't bring a lot of stuff too:P)...so what I did..got my brother to get it for me while he is on his biz trip:P & it is cheaper too:nuts:

I bought recently a wallet in Paris and asked the SA if they did shipments. She answered yes, she just needs the ref. of the article and you would pay obviously for the shipping. But I live in France though, so d'ont know if they ship internationnaly.
It was the chanel boutique in rue royale in Paris. You might want to try and call them (don't remember the name of my SA so will post it later, am at work now...)

they got more stks??? Just like my white classic jumbo flap..my country don't bring them it (they don't bring a lot of stuff too:P)...so what I did..got my brother to get it for me while he is on his biz trip:P & it is cheaper too:nuts:

Oh that's great!! Then all I have to do is to ask for the latest stocks at Chanel Paris here in PF and then ask my sister's friend to buy it there for me!! :biggrin: I'm sooo excited to try this! :biggrin:

hi everyone!
i will be traveling to paris in september. i just want to know if the prices are better there. should i buy the bag here in the states or should i wait till i am in paris?

Hi! Don't know about bags, but I've just posted about camelia ring price difference: here in France it's the equivalent of $670 all taxes included (which is before taxes around $535) whereas in the US it seems to be only $395 before taxes I believe! Good luck! You can always see once in Paris if it's cheaper, and if not buy it once you're back in the US. Good luck!

Apparently for some stuff... I was reading through the forum though an found the same wallet as the one I bought 1 month ago in Paris. That one was more expensive in the US. I guess you have to check with each article.
The thing that you have to keep in mind though, is that if you buy in France you have tax back and our tax is 20%. Also it seems that we have more stock here.
I think it's due to the fact that French women don't really buy Chanel (except me :P)

i don't find the prices for chanel in paris to be really any much of a steal to be honest. what you do save on is probably the tax refund that you can get (19.6%). as for the stock, it didn't seem particularly impressive either. all in all i felt a little underwhelmed when i visited the chanel stores in paris, even the main one.

thank you so much for the information. i've been so confused lately as to if i should buy the bag i love here or wait when i am in paris. i really appreciate everyones advice.
can i ask why french women don't buy chanel?

I don't think it's that much cheaper over there. But the hassle of bring a new bag in the US is alot IMO re cutsoms, etc. If you're carrying it, it draws attention to customs agents and then they will drill you about it and you have to pay duties, etc.

The thing about visiting a Chanel boutique in Paris is the experience. Last time I was in Paris, I was offered a cup of coffee while browsing through the shop's entire collection of chain belts........ The sales were top notch and were prepared to give you sound advice. One of them told me straight away that I was too young to carry heavy or shiny gold chain belts. Then another said I am too small for a jumbo reissue. You came out of the boutique feeling absolutely fab.

I love the experience shopping in Rue Cambon, the flagship store. When I was there, the reissues just came out and they were really well stocked. I ended up getting the 226 blue patent. After getting the VAT back, I paid under $2000 for it. It would have cost $2195 here in the US.