Chanel Prices and Stock in PARIS and other Chanel in Paris questions!

Hi! I’m traveling to London and Paris in two weeks and looking to add a Gabrielle or coco handle to my collection. I’d be better buying in Paris over London right? (Also flying back to US from Paris so it would be my last point of exit). And which store in Paris is best? I’ve heard and read that at rue Cambon you can buy without VAT included. Can someone confirm that or have any other advice? Thank you!!!! :smile:

Reactions: Jtrautman89
Hi! I’m traveling to London and Paris in two weeks and looking to add a Gabrielle or coco handle to my collection. I’d be better buying in Paris over London right? (Also flying back to US from Paris so it would be my last point of exit). And which store in Paris is best? I’ve heard and read that at rue Cambon you can buy without VAT included. Can someone confirm that or have any other advice? Thank you!!!! :smile:
I did this! Very nice option.

I think it depends.. do you mean better buying in Paris over London, due to selection or price?
Have you checked the price comparison for both countries? (You can check by changing your country on the Chanel website)
I can't comment on the selection/inventory of London vs. Paris. However, a few months ago, when I checked on a WOC I wanted (priced $3100+tax in US), London was $150-$200 US dollars cheaper than Paris after VAT refund (and maybe like $700-800 cheaper than US :shocked:) This is probably due to the weak British pound at the time (unclear about current state)

Reactions: fdc
I did this! Very nice option.
Wow! My friend is going to Paris next week and I was thinking to ask her to get me a boy card holder. How do we go about purchasing without VAT included? Also, is the VAT included in the price? This is my first time ever asking someone to get me something from Paris and its her first time too so I would like to make the process as easy as possible for her...

Wow! My friend is going to Paris next week and I was thinking to ask her to get me a boy card holder. How do we go about purchasing without VAT included? Also, is the VAT included in the price? This is my first time ever asking someone to get me something from Paris and its her first time too so I would like to make the process as easy as possible for her...
They ask how you want to pay. If you pay with credit card they ask if you’d like it taken off at time of purchase. All prices show VAT included. Hope that helps

Sorry, one more question.. are there any documents she needs to bring to get the VAT taken off in store?
YEA! You need your passport and the credit card you’re using needs to match the passport. I’ll also say just as a side note to use a credit card that doesn’t charge foreign transaction fees (this is KEY!) and pay in the currency of the county (also key!) like if you’re in France pay in euros.