Chanel Prices and Stock in PARIS and other Chanel in Paris questions!

hey girls,
no one seems to know the current price of PST in Paris and when i posted to ask no one replied so i figured i'll call the boutique in Paris and find out! so in case anyone is interested or looking for the price too.. its 900 euros there :smile:

Then when you leave Paris, you show those papers from the shops to the detax agents at the airport. They'd look them over (and sometimes ask to see the purchases) and stamp the papers.
Every time I have made a Chanel purchase in Paris, I have been asked to show the goods to receive the stamp, so be sure you have it on you (although I would never take the chance of packing Chanel in my checked luggage!).

but Chanel don't do cash refund , only by credit!!
IIRC, purchases in Paris were not eligible for cash refunds, but in Italy, you can get definitely get cash at the airport (I just did it in January). I don't know why - maybe they use different refund processing companies (in Italy, I believe they use Premier; it's been a few years since I bought Chanel in Paris, so I can't recall who they use there).

OK thanks!! makes lot more sense now.

So I'm guessing you have to pay customs tax though?

Not unless you get stopped by customs entering the US

but Chanel don't do cash refund , only by credit!!

You don't get the money back from the store involved as they are collecting the tax on behalf of the government, you get it from the tax agent at the airport and you can decide if you want cash or credit card refund

my experience with credit was slightly less than 3 months, given that i mailed the tax refunds rather than get it done it the airport. i bought my stuff in paris but my last exit point was greece and there was some complications (i cant quite understand the explanation the staff gave but a fellow traveller told me that in greece only certain refunds can be done in cash which i presume are those you buy from greece and not other eu countries) so your exit countries play a part too! hth!

I think the time to get the refund back on credit all depends. From my past trips, it never took more than 2 month to get all my refunds. As matter of fact, I got one few days ago from my last Paris trip. I left Paris on January 5th, so all it took was around 5 weeks for my refund!

5 weeks really isn't bad when you consider how many refunds are processed. Be grateful that you even get tax refunds as we get nothing when we go to the US
Yeah, but with our lousy dollar, our entire country is like one big 50% off sale for the Brits (she says very jealously :sad:). I was in the UK a few months ago and the tax refund didn't make up for how expensive everything was when you converted to USD.