CHANEL or LOUIS?

chanel or lv?

• Black and white chanel cambon tote

• Louis vuitton monogram vavin gm

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 4, 2006
help! i need a tote bag for school!
i love each one pretty much the same amount, but for different reasons!
please hep me pick!

Attachments

• 1600765582748080_1.jpg
    1600765582748080_1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 125
  • p10260981_ph_hero.jpg
    p10260981_ph_hero.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 135
the white chanel, even though it's gorgeous, will definitely get dirty w/ all the books and school supplies. the LV would probably be more suitable... also a nice bag.

As a recent student, I don't personally think the handles and structure of the Vavin are suitable for school. It just doesn't look like it could carry a lot of text books, in my opinion.

i dont think you should buy either for school. I don't know how much the LV is but if you are getting the cambon tote mainly for school i don't think you should. I think you should get a burberry tote. They also have it in the candy check. Plus its on sale at burberry.com . Thats what i did, i got a regent in the original color - i would have gotten the candy check but it wasn't out yet at that time. Mine was like $500 i think so you are getting a good deal, its $350 now. and i put so much stuff in mine. its my travel bag, so i stuff all kinds of things for the plane ride and its pretty durable, nothing has happened yet *hopefully it stays that way*. So basically 2000 - 350 = 1650, lets say 1600 after shipping, etc so you have 1600 so you can buy another chanel bag with that!

pBUR-3425929t335x459.jpg

Yeah I agree..the canvas of the LV will be SO much more durable than the delicate calfskin of the Cambons, trust me, I know. I have a pen mark on the white CCs of my black/white tote and am planning on taking it in to see if there's anything I can do about it/have it cleaned.

Meh. I don't think the Cambons are dated..they keep coming out with new color combinations and it's pretty much a staple in the collection now.
I have 3 Cambon bags and never feel dated when I carry them.

i dont think you should buy either for school. I don't know how much the LV is but if you are getting the cambon tote mainly for school i don't think you should. I think you should get a burberry tote. They also have it in the candy check. Plus its on sale at burberry.com . Thats what i did, i got a regent in the original color - i would have gotten the candy check but it wasn't out yet at that time. Mine was like $500 i think so you are getting a good deal, its $350 now. and i put so much stuff in mine. its my travel bag, so i stuff all kinds of things for the plane ride and its pretty durable, nothing has happened yet *hopefully it stays that way*. So basically 2000 - 350 = 1650, lets say 1600 after shipping, etc so you have 1600 so you can buy another chanel bag with that!

Totally agree with Chanelcavier, I think Burberry is actually more suitable for schooling than the others in terms of durability of scratches and dirtyness. :yes: