Chanel newbie with newbie questions

bagloverss

O.G.
Feb 18, 2007
Hi there,
I have wanted a classic Chanel bag for ages, and have been saving up. I am finally considering getting one soon. Truth is, I don't really know much about Chanel bags. If I walked into a Chanel store, I wouldn't know what to ask for. I do know that I want a black classic jumbo flap in the heavier/stronger leather.

Can you tell me what the name of this bag is? Are they fairly easy to find?

I live in Canada. Does anyone know how much the bag would cost from Holt Renfrew? Does it make sense to buy it in the US instead?

I would really appreciate your help. Sorry for all my silly questions.

Thank you!

Welcome to Chanel! The Jumbo is such a classic! The leather you are referring to is Caviar. :smile:

You will also be able to choose between silver and gold hardware for your jumbo.

I am not sure about whether buying in Canada or the US would be better price-wise, but check out the thread below for the most current prices and then also to find recommended sales associates, feel free to browse the next thread. :smile:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-s...ces-no-questions-or-chatting-here-428832.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/recommended-sales-associates-377506.html

Happy shopping!

If you count the import tax you won't see much of a difference between buying in the US or Canada. So I'd say no, it doesn't make sense.

The jumbo without double flap is $3700 CAD. Not sure about the new double flap jumbo but I would imagine it's very close to $4000 if not greater.

The black jumbo flap in caviar is very popular. Chances are there will be a wait list for it at any Holt Renfrew. There is a waitlist of 5-6 people for the black medium flap and my SA said they will only receive about 3 more this year, the rest will have to get theirs in 2011

Thank you so much for helping me! Can you tell me what one size down from the jumbo would be? I do like to carry around a lot of things, but perhaps I don't need the biggest size.

That would be the medium/large (same thing), which is $3515 CAD. HTH!

P.S. if you carry more than a wallet, phone, keys, lipgloss, you may be better off opting for the jumbo. I don't carry a lot but the Jumbo is the perfect size, then I can carry my sunglasses with me in the summer and gloves and hat in the winter.

Thank you so much for helping me out. OK, I think the medium/large is probably out for me. I carry a lot, so I think I will go for the Jumbo. Now I just need to take the dive... eep!

I recently bought one and had to shipped to me from the Calgary Holt Renfrew. When I called they had 2 black caviar Jumbos left =) I originally wanted one from Vancouver (cause I was on vacation) but the wait list was till December!