Chanel mermaid bag double carry --- does the metallic sheen come off with daily use ?!?!?!

skippydoo2010

Aug 10, 2010
I was able to find this beauty, my SA from Chanel advised me not to use it as an everyday bag or do not use it all the time, I asked why?! She said because for metallic bags the metallic sheen will eventually come off? So it'll fade and not be as metallic coz Chanel just paints it over the real color to make it metallic? I've never seen the bag in person but watched videos on YouTube about it and there's this one girl that said goat skin is the sturdiest leather for her coz it doesn't scratch that much! Could you guys tell me how you feel on this? I mean I'm careful with my bags but I love using them as well! What do you guys think? Your thoughts will be so helpful! I've always wanted a mermaid bag or just a unique and fun one because I have too many blacks and a beige :smile: thoughts??!?! Please help!

IMG_1487004818.519704.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1487004382.105506.jpg
    IMG_1487004382.105506.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 620
  • IMG_1487004787.543542.jpg
    IMG_1487004787.543542.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 574
Reactions: Passau
Congrats on finding this bag! Goat is much more durable than lamb and even calf...maybe just as durable as caviar. With regard to the iridescent finish, my understanding that, like metallics and patent, Chanel cannot repair this finish. I've had the purple iridescent goat boy for about a year and half and use it regularly and have had no issues with fading. I am fairly careful with my bags, but I haven't had any scuffs or scratches. If you love it, don't let the finish deter you. It is beautiful and my iridescent boy is my most complimented bag.

Reactions: skippydoo2010
Haven't had problem with mermaid boy. Also I am not certain the iridescent is done same as metallic (I have both kinds). I feel the iridescent is applied to the leather whereas the metallic bags feel more delicate because it's a "coating". I can be wrong. Though I can say that I am super careful with my metallic because I know I have to be. It feels clearly delicate when u own and handle one. The iridescent boy I am careful generally (like i dont put my bags on floors, avoid hitting corners, etc) but only because I seriously love this unique bag, but really I treat it like any of my caviars.

Reactions: skippydoo2010
Thanks guys! It makes me feel more secure that people who already have it or know about this bag has lots of positive reviews about this bag, I was so happy to find it coz eBay or tradesy is selling them for almost twice the amount :smile: I guess it's that popular hehe love the mermaid colors and love a fun bag!!!

Congrats! I actually love the purple iridescent/rainbow hardware best in this style because I think it highlights the uniqueness and coolness of the bag. If you don't mind my asking, did you find it pre-loved or at a boutique/department store?