Chanel Medium Trendy and Leather Surgeons

olidivia

O.G.
Oct 17, 2008
Hi Everyone! I bought a pre-loved Chanel Trendy from Fashionphile at a great price recently. It has some wear and I read on here about Leather Surgeons. Are they the best for Chanel bag restoration? And do you think the quote is reasonable? The bag is so beautiful in person, but upon close inspection you see some of the little flaws; I would like her looking pristine again!

Here is their quote; $255 and the price includes shipping:

"It looks like a very minimal spa would be the best bet.

For our Spa Service, we first unweave the leather from the chain, then take off and hand-polish all of the (removable) hardware. Please note that many scratches may remain after polishing, because the polish used has to be gentle enough to avoid removing the finish.

Next, we thoroughly clean the bag, inside and out, before conditioning all of the leather. Finally, we apply pigments (as needed) to restore the original color and luster of the bag, address general fading, and help conceal any remaining stains and wear as best we can. The leather from the chain is taken through the same process or, if we feel it would yield a better result, replaced.

Of course, we cannot remove every kind of scratch, add puffiness to flattened quilting, or restore texture where the leather has been worn through. Depending on the amount of pigments required (especially in areas of severe staining or wear), there can be some compromise of texture in favor of aesthetics, but we always do our best to find an artful balance of those two priorities.

We would charge $255 for these services on your item. The price includes free shipping within the contiguous US."

I'm following your post. I too bought a preloved from fashionphile. I sent them my pictures and waiting on response.

I've read on some bad reviews about leather surgeons. Some reviews said that when they recolor the bag the bag looks dull, or sheen... and leather texture doesn't feel soft....

Reactions: olidivia
Hi there! I would advise against using leather surgeons. Your bag looks beautiful as is and shows lots of character. Every bag has a story.

Unfortunately my bag had noticeable water marks that absolutely required a spa service.. I sent it off to them with the understanding they would be spot treating the bag as necessary. Lo and behold my bag came back completely redyed. The shiny sheen of my caviar jumbo is totally gone and I’ve used countless recommended creams and nothing will bring back the luster it once had.

Enjoy your bag in good health!

I appreciate the replies. Based on this, I will not be sending it in to them. It is a beautiful bag. The lambskin is so luxurious feeling. I was worried it would be too big, based on what I had been reading and seeing more people with the small, but to me its a great size. My other two are a black patent mini classic cc and a black caviar small business affinity. Nice having a bag that can fit quite a bit more.

Hi Everyone! I bought a pre-loved Chanel Trendy from Fashionphile at a great price recently. It has some wear and I read on here about Leather Surgeons. Are they the best for Chanel bag restoration? And do you think the quote is reasonable? The bag is so beautiful in person, but upon close inspection you see some of the little flaws; I would like her looking pristine again!

Here is their quote; $255 and the price includes shipping:

"It looks like a very minimal spa would be the best bet.

For our Spa Service, we first unweave the leather from the chain, then take off and hand-polish all of the (removable) hardware. Please note that many scratches may remain after polishing, because the polish used has to be gentle enough to avoid removing the finish.

Next, we thoroughly clean the bag, inside and out, before conditioning all of the leather. Finally, we apply pigments (as needed) to restore the original color and luster of the bag, address general fading, and help conceal any remaining stains and wear as best we can. The leather from the chain is taken through the same process or, if we feel it would yield a better result, replaced.

Of course, we cannot remove every kind of scratch, add puffiness to flattened quilting, or restore texture where the leather has been worn through. Depending on the amount of pigments required (especially in areas of severe staining or wear), there can be some compromise of texture in favor of aesthetics, but we always do our best to find an artful balance of those two priorities.

We would charge $255 for these services on your item. The price includes free shipping within the contiguous US."
I received my Chanel Trendy CC in medium from a seller on VC. Her sizing was off in the description. I was thinking maybe there was a different size made. I like the size for the same reason as you and I got a great deal at least I think so $3400. Made in 2018. She included the full package plus original receipt from a New York boutique so I have the option to take it to Chanel or Leather Surgeons. I received basically the same email back suggesting the spa service. The corners have scuffing/are worn. I would not want the bag redyed because most have said that changes the texture. If you go through Chanel and it comes back “ruined” do they take responsibility? Would you leave it as is? If not who would you let fix it?

Attachments

• 509A6247-E8F4-40BE-B46C-A31A0FE9B519.jpeg
    509A6247-E8F4-40BE-B46C-A31A0FE9B519.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 26
  • BAB127C9-7539-4962-9A75-3BD76E4985F6.jpeg
    BAB127C9-7539-4962-9A75-3BD76E4985F6.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 51C03C13-8CDB-4B26-ACA0-D3962EE87949.jpeg
    51C03C13-8CDB-4B26-ACA0-D3962EE87949.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 32
  • BACCBB14-9AB0-48E9-84B2-AEFF6AB47C26.jpeg
    BACCBB14-9AB0-48E9-84B2-AEFF6AB47C26.jpeg