Chanel medium tall double OR jumbo single lambskin?

lazysundays

May 13, 2016
Hi Chanel lovers!
I need your opinions and experiences if you have the classic medium tall double flap lambskin. I really like the look of it because it so square compared to the regular medium or M/L. My only concern with the double flap is the weight. I am not a fan of heavy bags.

Which is why I am contemplating on getting a jumbo single flap. Size wise it seems to not be that much bigger than the medium tall, MAYBE lighter? Both will be vintage and definitely going with lambskin.

Which should I get? I got Chanel in the brain and I literally have had a hard time sleeping these past weeks! Thanks!

So I got a vintage, 0 series (1986-1989) Chanel medium tall in lambskin ghw. It's much lighter than the caviar M/L, taller so I can actually fit more stuff in it, and just perfect.

My LV Josephine wallet fits horizontally just fine with an inch to spare. I'm using my Prada compact wallet vertically though because I don't want my glasses to be too squished.

It's comfortable single or double strap, but definitely can't do crossbody. I am only 5' tall so the chains are really too short for crossbody. I'm happy I didn't get the jumbo or XL coz it would have looked too big on me! However, never say never. Chanel is a slippery slope! Hope this helps anyone who's looking for a medium tall!

Attachments

• IMG_2137.JPG
    IMG_2137.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_2142.JPG
    IMG_2142.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_2139.JPG
    IMG_2139.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 683
So I got a vintage, 0 series (1986-1989) Chanel medium tall in lambskin ghw. It's much lighter than the caviar M/L, taller so I can actually fit more stuff in it, and just perfect.

My LV Josephine wallet fits horizontally just fine with an inch to spare. I'm using my Prada compact wallet vertically though because I don't want my glasses to be too squished.

It's comfortable single or double strap, but definitely can't do crossbody. I am only 5' tall so the chains are really too short for crossbody. I'm happy I didn't get the jumbo or XL coz it would have looked too big on me! However, never say never. Chanel is a slippery slope! Hope this helps anyone who's looking for a medium tall!

You wear it so well! That's on my list to get now.

dear @lazysundays , you are the only person I found on youtube and on here who ons this bag lol. I came across it online for purchase whilst looking for a normal M/L Flap and wondered if you still had urs - do u still love it? Could you post more mod shots?
Best regards :smile:

dear @lazysundays , you are the only person I found on youtube and on here who ons this bag lol. I came across it online for purchase whilst looking for a normal M/L Flap and wondered if you still had urs - do u still love it? Could you post more mod shots?
Best regards :smile:

Hi katlina! Yes, I still have my medium tall. I still love it mostly because of the luxurious feel of the lambskin, that it’s not ginormous like the jumbo, and it’s a light purse. My only con is that when the chain is doubled up, it hits shorter than I want, even if I’m only 5’0 tall! I’d love for it to fall where a jumbo would, but hey, all the m/l flaps have the same drop so really can’t fault the tall for that. So I only wear it with the single chain long, which hits me just right at the hip. I also love it because I could fit a small water bottle in it, which you wouldn’t be able to do with a regular m/l, but again, not a deal breaker for you if you don’t carry around a water bottle everywhere like me :smile:

Beautiful purse! I have seen a few of the medium talls for sale, but you were the only review I was able to find. Thanks!

I finally got my vintage classic double flap in medium square/tall. I would like to share coz I struggled at first to find some references online seems like this size is not that very common. I got mine series 1, I love the size it’s perfect and to my surprise it’s very light compare to my 2 years old double flap in m/l large. Maybe because of the leather that aged? 992C4E10-003F-417A-B80F-FF840CC8599A.jpegA15B98AE-60D0-43E3-9247-41A43D41C004.jpegC2224324-DD50-4326-9890-4944DF6E0451.jpeg

Hi @lazysundays and @jese1988 ,

Thank you to you both for providing some insight into the medium tall!
I only just learnt about this size while browsing vintage sites and am tempted to get it as I love the square shape and it seems more functional than a conventional medium classic flap
How are you guys finding the bag? I see that it is light compared to a caviar or newer medium, but is it quite a heavy bag in general? Does it get quite heavy when almost filled to maximum capacity (i.e. not stuffed to the brim, but when it has a good amount of stuff in it)? I'm worried that if the chain starts digging into my shoulder after carrying the bag for a while, I won't want to carry it around and it's too beautiful of a bag to sit in the closet!
I'm also worried about the bag looking too big on me (I am 5 foot 3 for reference) because of the extra inch of height it has compared to the medium.

Any advice/reviews you can give me would be really helpful! TIA! :smile:

Hi @lazysundays and @jese1988 ,

Thank you to you both for providing some insight into the medium tall!
I only just learnt about this size while browsing vintage sites and am tempted to get it as I love the square shape and it seems more functional than a conventional medium classic flap
How are you guys finding the bag? I see that it is light compared to a caviar or newer medium, but is it quite a heavy bag in general? Does it get quite heavy when almost filled to maximum capacity (i.e. not stuffed to the brim, but when it has a good amount of stuff in it)? I'm worried that if the chain starts digging into my shoulder after carrying the bag for a while, I won't want to carry it around and it's too beautiful of a bag to sit in the closet!
I'm also worried about the bag looking too big on me (I am 5 foot 3 for reference) because of the extra inch of height it has compared to the medium.

Any advice/reviews you can give me would be really helpful! TIA! :smile:
Hi dear, definitely it’s more functional than the medium and lighter. I stuff it with descent amount and the weight is acceptable. I used this bag for one week straight so far no problem on my shoulder but I haven’t use it yet being on my shoulder for long period, so I don’t know how it will be.
In terms of size, I’m 5ft 2 but I don’t find it big on me both single and double strap. ( I inserted a picture for your ref.)
As of now, I prefer this bag than my medium aside that I can fit more, the chain of my medium creates a weird noise (not sure if it’s just on my bag).

Overall, this is my not big nor small bag. Though I have to baby it a little coz it has survived already for 32 years and I am not sure how many more years it will last.
C1CD847A-E49F-4B89-85AC-504892A9E991.jpeg

Reactions: lazysundays
Hi dear, definitely it’s more functional than the medium and lighter. I stuff it with descent amount and the weight is acceptable. I used this bag for one week straight so far no problem on my shoulder but I haven’t use it yet being on my shoulder for long period, so I don’t know how it will be.
In terms of size, I’m 5ft 2 but I don’t find it big on me both single and double strap. ( I inserted a picture for your ref.)
As of now, I prefer this bag than my medium aside that I can fit more, the chain of my medium creates a weird noise (not sure if it’s just on my bag).

Overall, this is my not big nor small bag. Though I have to baby it a little coz it has survived already for 32 years and I am not sure how many more years it will last.
View attachment 4825714

Hi @jese1988,

Thanks for the review and the mod shot! Yay for petite girls :smile: Love your outfit, including the 2020 essential face mask! The bag looks so classy and gorgeous on you, definitely a great find.

In terms of babying the bag, is it solely because of age? or are you finding the bag's structural integrity is starting to stand the test of time?

Also, would you mind sharing how much you paid for yours (even in a PM if you don't feel comfortable posting it here)? Just want a gauge of how much I should be expecting to pay, though I know it can vary depending on the bag's condition.

Thanks again and hope you're staying safe! We're in stage 4 lockdown here in Australia so it's nice to see some sense of normal life!

Hi @jese1988,

Thanks for the review and the mod shot! Yay for petite girls :smile: Love your outfit, including the 2020 essential face mask! The bag looks so classy and gorgeous on you, definitely a great find.

In terms of babying the bag, is it solely because of age? or are you finding the bag's structural integrity is starting to stand the test of time?

Also, would you mind sharing how much you paid for yours (even in a PM if you don't feel comfortable posting it here)? Just want a gauge of how much I should be expecting to pay, though I know it can vary depending on the bag's condition.

Thanks again and hope you're staying safe! We're in stage 4 lockdown here in Australia so it's nice to see some sense of normal life!
Hi @chachelchanel thank you for the compliments.
I baby it a little just because I want to keep my collection pristine as I could. I paid 3,100usd for a very good condition from one of the Japanese sellers. The bag is still in well structured, no scuff on the edges, and no serious wrinkle. It was ranked as 8/10. I’m in love with the softness and shine of the leather.
Yes, slowly getting back to normal is such a relief. Keep safe.x