Chanel lovers-what other brands/bags do you love besides Hermès?

Aquaamyca

Aug 30, 2019
Hi Chanel lovers,

I am new to designer bags and started to love basic Chanel styles over the past year. (Classic flap medium, coco handle, boy, etc)

Questions:
Besides Hermès (can not afford that brand), what other brands and specific bags do you love?

Is it silly to have just Chanel bags?

Any other brands hold decent resale value?

thank you!!!

Loewe, Louis Vuitton, Bottega Venetta, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Max Mara, Loro Piana, Ralph Lauren, Berluti, Cartier, Bulgari, Celine,
Salvatore Ferragamo, Launer, Moynat, Delvaux... Just to name a few.

PS: Aside from the Kelly/Birkin there isn’t much of a price different between Chanel and Hermès.

I don’t think it’s silly to just own Chanel bags if they have the particular aesthetic that you like.

As for resale value, I don’t have any opinion on that since I’ve never sold anything and I don’t buy used.

Hi Chanel lovers,

I am new to designer bags and started to love basic Chanel styles over the past year. (Classic flap medium, coco handle, boy, etc)

Questions:
Besides Hermès (can not afford that brand), what other brands and specific bags do you love?

thank you!!!

I am not a fan of Hermès at all. I do not enjoy any of their bag styles. Besides Chanel (which are the majority of my collection), I have a few YSL and one Fendi.

Part of me wishes I liked Hermès because they seem to make quality bags and have a unique buying experience, but they are not at all my style.

Chanel is my favorite and the brand I have the most bags from, but I also looove Fendi and Marni. I love brands that can make classic looking bags with a twist, and without tons of logos. Fendi’s peekaboo and Marni’s pannier bucket bag really fit that bill for me!

Other than my hermes&chanel,i love my fendi mini peekaboo,lady&mini dior and now lately im going back to louis vuitton(as i now have many kids i seriously need my hands free and not getting heart attacks everytime my kids touching my bags ).ive few of each style in different colors,even my lv.

If chanel is what you really love and you can afford it,go ahead and buy it because all the prices will only going up.and if you can find a good deal on preloved in very good conditions with reputable sellers,maybe you can consider that too.

Chanel (I've sold over half of mine now and more to go), Hermes & Delvaux take up the most space in my closet.

Some floater Stalvey, Givenchy, Bottega & LV come after that! Oh and crazy off the wall sequin Tom Ford for evening bags (no one does it quite like him...)

Reactions: Stratford
Besides Chanel I like:
Celine (PP designs) - my fave is the Trotteur for its minimalist design and slim profile - great for crossbody, but I use my nano luggage the most
Gucci - the Dionysus line, plus I love their shoes
Fendi - Peekaboo essential (thanks to Meghan Markle)
LV - empreinte leather specifically
Goyard - so light! Perfect for travel

I don’t have any Hermès yet besides some bracelets, I’m not into the style of their bags and most look non-functional, but I do admire their leather, craftsmanship, and color selection. However, I think it’s really weird that you have to be “offered” a bag and people feel so lucky to get to spend tens of thousands on what may not even be their first choice color/leather/hardware combo.

Hi Chanel lovers,

Questions:

thank you!!!
Dior hands down actually starting to like them even more than Chanel. And recently turned on to devluax and for some reason really liking D&G maybe bc it’s fun and under the radar