CHANEL LOVERS - Need your advice

ln88

O.G.
Jan 18, 2012
Hi ladies, I have always loved Chanel but I need your advice on a certain CHLOE bag that I have had my eye on for a little while. I'm not familiar with the Chloe brand I am looking for your opinion of their quality/styles?

The bag I am considering is called the Paraty and I am attaching a couple pictures that another tpf member (moderngirl25) posted in the Chloe section.

My second question is - do you think this bag will stand the test of time? I am not counting on using this bag for the rest of my life (like a Chanel!) but I want to make sure it won't look dated in a couple of years. Do you guys think I will be safer with a Prada Saffiano tote?

Let me know, any feedback is appreciated :biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

i vote for prada saffiano. i think this bag looks classic, but i've tried this bag at the store before and it's heavy. i don't even really like prada but i really like the prada saffiano. looks superbly polished! good luck!

I would vote for Chloé, but I am not really objective : I have a black medium Paraty and I looove it!
First of all, the quality of the leather is very good, and I personally find it very chic, but it is true that it is a bit heavy.
It is not too obvious, and you won't see it too often on other girls!
I also asked myself if it would stand the test of the time, and I really hope it will : it doesn't have any obvious detail (like the lock on the Paddington, ) or logo, it is not seen too often, the quality is very good and I really love the style of this bag!

I'd also go for the paraty as it can be worn with the shoulder strap. My mum has the Prada saffiano tote (larger size) and it gets extremely heavy to carry as cannot be carried on the shoulder and gets annoying.

It also seems as if you have your heart set on his paraty. It's beautiful!

Thanks for taking the time to respond ladies ... you all have brought up very good points and it is even harder to make up my mind now!

It doesn't help that I've recently also fallen in love with the Cerf Tote and when given the option I will always lean towards Chanel even if the price is 2-3x more than the other bags.

Thanks for taking the time to respond ladies ... you all have brought up very good points and it is even harder to make up my mind now!

It doesn't help that I've recently also fallen in love with the Cerf Tote and when given the option I will always lean towards Chanel even if the price is 2-3x more than the other bags.

I think that the Cerf is the best Chanel ever!! I have a mix of flaps, camera, GST etc...and my Cerf is by far the most used/loved! I think that the Paratay is a bit trendy and the Cerf will never go out of style. I would vote Cerf!

For those particular two styles, I vote for Chloe Paraty, it has been around for a few years, seems their classics, but Saffiano also have some two way styles: top handle with shoulder strap, I would say Paraty is more casual and girlish, and Saffiano more elegant, depends on your style. If you concern that paraty might go out of style(I think it would, that's typical chloe), you should go for prada.