Chanel - London

Just got a M/L caviar CF in black w/ gold hardware at New Bond St today!! I’m actually shocked when the SA she has one for me, since I visited on a Sat at 5pm.

The store was packed and I actually had to wait awhile to get served. They also had the same bag in silver hardware, and in lambskin. I was really surprised they are so well stocked because when I went to Harrod’s a couple days ago, they didn’t have any black medium CF.

I also saw they have quite a few medium CF in other colours (e.g. electric blue?, pink, beige etc).

The price is 4300 pounds, and I get 589 pounds back in VAT refund.

I'm looking to purchase my first Chanel bag eek. Can anyone advise on availability in the London area? I'm interested in the Chanel classic small flap bag black caviar and the mini rectangular flap bag black caviar
I'm going to London in a couple of weeks and I'm wondering if I'm being naive to think that I might be able to get one!
Thanks!!

Chanel aren’t making caviar minis at the moment so you definitely won’t be able to get one of those. You should be able to get a small black classic flap if you try all the stores. You can call Chanel customer service to check availability for you

Hi, is it hard to find classic flap in M/L caviar black GHW? I am planning on visiting London around mid October. I read that we can check at Harrod's for better stocks or other stores have better chances? Thank you

I just got the m/l caviar black GHW from the New Bond St shop on Sat. They have all four medium cf styles in stock.

In comparison, Harrods had no black medium cf when I visited a few days before Bond st, and they couldn’t tell me when they will be restocked either

Hi, is it hard to find classic flap in M/L caviar black GHW? I am planning on visiting London around mid October. I read that we can check at Harrod's for better stocks or other stores have better chances? Thank you

Hi ladies! Did anyone notice whether there was any stock at the New Bond St. location/Harrods/other London locations for black caviar jumbo with GHW? Will be traveling to London in Mid-October so I know I'm jumping the gun a bit. But it will be my first time going to Chanel in London and just want a general sense of stock. Thanks a million!

I just got the m/l caviar black GHW from the New Bond St shop on Sat. They have all four medium cf styles in stock.

In comparison, Harrods had no black medium cf when I visited a few days before Bond st, and they couldn’t tell me when they will be restocked either

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully I will be able to get one as well.

Just got a M/L caviar CF in black w/ gold hardware at New Bond St today!! I’m actually shocked when the SA she has one for me, since I visited on a Sat at 5pm.

The store was packed and I actually had to wait awhile to get served. They also had the same bag in silver hardware, and in lambskin. I was really surprised they are so well stocked because when I went to Harrod’s a couple days ago, they didn’t have any black medium CF.

I also saw they have quite a few medium CF in other colours (e.g. electric blue?, pink, beige etc).

The price is 4300 pounds, and I get 589 pounds back in VAT refund.

Finally decided to go for the classic flap in caviar with ghw but can't find it anymore anywhere in London! May I ask about the "puffiness" of the quilts? There's a looooot of debate on how some issues are more puffy than others (and I've definitely seen the difference recently in Selfridges/Walton St (quite puffy) vs. Harrods (not quite so puffy). How is the one you got from New bond st?

Also if anyone else can comment on this with regards to recent purchases - would be of great help and would save me from running around London in search of the perfect CF!

Cheers :smile:

I posted in another thread with no luck, so I am hoping someone can help answer my question here. I will be traveling to London and Paris in mid-November and I am really hoping I could score the new charcoal grey Mini Reissue. What are the chances it might still be available in November? And will I have a higher chances of buying the mini reissue in London or Paris? TIA!

Last edited:
Hi, I am looking for a mini flap rectangular bag as a gift for my girlfriend's incoming birthday. I went to New Bond Street yesterday. They said that it was sold out, and new season release will be in mid November. However, I can't wait that long. I wonder I can find it at another Chanel stores in London (Harrods, Sloan square, or walton, etc)? Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Hi, I am looking for a mini flap rectangular bag as a gift for my girlfriend's incoming birthday. I went to New Bond Street yesterday. They said that it was sold out, and new season release will be in mid November. However, I can't wait that long. I wonder I can find it at another Chanel stores in London (Harrods, Sloan square, or walton, etc)? Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

It depends on the colour you’re looking for. When I was at the Harrods store a few days ago, there were quite a few minis in stock but I didn’t see any black ones on the shelves.

Does anywhere in London give VAT back right away like they do in Paris [Galleries Lafyette and 31 Rue Cambon]?
Yes, Selfridges does. I bought a mini coco handle and some Gucci there and they have a VAT refund on the 7th or 8th floor I believe. However, wait times are long. I barely waited 10 mins at Heathrow to get VAT refund for my other purchases.