Chanel-legend vs Balenciaga

I have both and a like both.

IMO styles-wise they are poles apart. I don't compare my labels just my bags and wear accordingly. What ever fits my mood/outfit/occasion.

I can see the appeal of both

I love Chanel as it's a pure classic. B bags are very fashionable especially with all the colours available. I'm waiting for the perfect shade of grey....

how come?
a lot of auth fab chanels on tpf:P

that's just how it is in the part of illinois i guess, i live around the quiet suburbs but go to chicago a lot and i see a crap load of girls carrying fakes there. and there's a lot of stands in the malls that carry fakes, especially chanel. so i just dont like the brand anymore :[ i love chanel shoes no matter what though lol. and for the most part, the girls who carry the fake chanel bags, it's easier to spot cuz they dress so tacky and blehh, a chanel girl would dress classy and put together most of the time right.

I have both and definitely agree that Chanel = elegant and Balenciaga = rock&roll. But they work just as well if you flip the look and wear Balenciaga with a structured dress and Chanel with a relaxed jeans/boots/leather jacket combo. They're both very versatile!

I think the feel for Chanel & Bbags are different, I have both and I dream about both for a while before I made any purchase. My chanel does make me feel more dressy and my bbag makes me feel very rocker chic (which I am not really.) I have enough love around for all sorts of bags! :smile:

I have both and love using them in different occasions. Bbags for weekdays and Chanel for weekend.

I stopped buying Bal early this year cos I thought I have got all the colours/styles that I ever wanted. Then I discovered Chanel... Gosh there is never an end, is there?:rolleyes:

I do really like Chanel- especially the classics- but never use them, so I plan to sell almost all of my Chanels before the end of the year. Bbags are def. more practical for me. If I had to pare down my purse collection, Bbags would be tougher for me to part with.

I agree Chanel = Classy, elegent and formal. So it's very a good bag to have for dinners, important meetings etc.

Balenciaga is very relaxed (but not overally casual, depending on the style & colour I guess) and definitely more useful (maybe with the except of a First? :P)

I like my Twiggy very much. Haven't used the PT much as I'm waiting for my Bday for the official opening.. all I had was a "soft launch" with the bag (*lol*)

I'm also into Miu Miu (for that girly touch) and Bottega Veneta (for their understated luxury).. But I know I can't keep all of them indefinitely coz I don't use them enuff? *lol*

I'll just wait patiently till the day my heart tells me very clearly which bags gotta go.. My aim is to keep no more than 5.

I like the look of Chanel, but for some reason when I try their bags on, it doesn't feel quite right. I guess I'm just used to Bal! But Chanel flap bags are gorgeous and I like visiting the Chanel corner when I go in stores!

I love both, I own a Chanel, and am getting a Bbag in September. I guess it all comes down to how you wear it and whether one's able to pull it off. I own the jumbo and love carrying it when I'm dressed really casually for afternoon teas and such, whereas I would choose the Balenciaga when I'm off to school to study.

But I believe that Chanels have a longer lifespan than Balenciagas, at least, from what I've read so far.

I don't think you can ever compare Bal and Chanel. Both have their own special element that makes them unique.

I have started to fall in love with Bal after getting my first messenger bag...and currently saving up to buy my first Chanel Jumbo.

Hope to collect my Jumbo in time for my birthday. Would be the best birthday and Christmas gift ever! :smile:

I see more Bals in my future though...but am just sticking to one Chanel. Can't afford to have a Chanel addiction... :graucho:

I love Chanel and Balenciaga, too. IMHO, talking about 2 different worlds here. I mostly use my Chanel during formal or dressy occassions and if I want to make a statement. My Balenciaga when I am in casual and the mood is relaxed. I believe I can't go to a wedding in a Bbag. Fake Chanels are everywhere, yes, because it is a more sought after bag in the market. Bbag ideally is for the people on the GO, chic, hippie looks and seen more on the young generation who can easily afford them. Chanel prices is double compared to Balenciaga. I can always buy two Bbags on the value of one Chanel flap.
It is a matter of two opposite poles which is justifiable.