Chanel LAX or Prada gaufre?

sona

Dec 24, 2008
Hi guys , Im in a dilemma, I can buy only one of these two bags and I need to choose. One is a chanel lax EW bag and another is a Prada Gaufre in Camel. Which bag would you get if it were to be only one. I know they are completely different types of bags but i need a push in one direction or the other.. Thanks!! I cant post this in the Prada or chanel forums because I think I would get a biased response:PP

Chanel Lax, This one is white, Ive seen a red one

http://luxury.malleries.com/chanel-...-lax-eastwest-shoulder-bag-i-19967-s-192.html

This attached pic is the gaufre

Attachments

• yhst-37534418229644_2038_68362113.gif
    yhst-37534418229644_2038_68362113.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC00318.jpg
    DSC00318.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 213
yeah, Im new to chanels, I was thinking of going for a classic flap in chanel. In the chanel forums the reviews from this LAX are not very favorable.. what do you think with your experience with chanels? This LAX is a YAY or NAY?

I really like the Prada and I think it's infinitely better than the Chanel in this case. The Prada looks very soft and that rippling is very pretty and will be an eye-catcher. The Chanel looks boxy and I really dislike that it says CHANEL on the front like that. It's more of a "LOOK AT MY CHANEL!" style, which is a bummer. :Push:

The Prada lets its design speak for it instead of it's label. And it'll be VERY versatile in shape and color!

Good luck making a decision! ;)

Yeah i think you hit the nail on the head. Thats whats bothering me with this LAx, Its BOXY and it says CHANEL.. blah.. Thanks for your thoughtful response!!

Yeah i think you hit the nail on the head. Thats whats bothering me with this LAx, Its BOXY and it says CHANEL.. blah.. Thanks for your thoughtful response!!

Hey, no problem! I'm not biased either because I have neither brand of bag in my purse repertoire. :biggrin: I was looking at a braided leather Prada clutch today at NM that has the same looking leather (squishy and soft) but with a different weaving and it was ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. I couldn't stop touching it. I say buy this Prada and make off like a bandit. Mmmm...I can smell that leather now! :drool:

Last edited:
Prada. I am usually not a fan of Chanel even if some of their bags are quite classy, but this one, with the huge CHANEL stamped on it is not even that... tacky, actually.

I prefer the Prada in this case. I love Chanel too, but this particular style is not appealing to me. I agree with the others and think it looks too boxy and don't like that is says CHANEL in bold right on the front.

As you can tell, I really would tend to say Chanel, but this particular one is a bit ostentatious for me. I'd choose something like the Prada because while I like wearing labels, I don't want to be seen like I'm flashing them as much as that Chanel seems to.