Chanel Lambskin - how do I clean it/care for it?

Thanks for all those tips. Regina07: yes I am glad I changed my mind about caviar and I know I've made the right decision!

But what do you stuff your bags with? Does it come with something to stuff it? Also, can anyone in the UK recommend some products to use on lambskin because Apple Guard and Vectra don't seem to be available here?

Like I said from the last post about taking care of lambskin, I conditionered it streight after I received the bag. Then, use the water protector.

The scratches seem gone after I applied the conditioner.

Good choice, you will enjoy it!!

Good thread. For the ladies that use leather conditioner on their lambskin bags, anyone use apple? I just ordered some today but I'm scared to try it. My only lambskin Chanel is a light color and although I've only used it a couple of times, the lambskin has a scuff where the actual skin is damaged! I also noticed yesterday when I was taking pics of it to post here that the corners are slightly darkened. I can only guess that it is color transfer from the sleeper. That is why I promptly purchased appleguard leather conditioner today online after reading about it in this forum. I hope it takes the darkness away from the corners! I have literally only used this bag about 4-5 times in the 3 years I have owned it.

^
^
I'm using it. But, for the color transfer, I've learned from taking care of LV that you might want to try the baby wipe (with aloe & non alchohol) first. I'd some problems with color transfer as well, and it took right of (may be twice) wonderfully.

For the dark spot, I used Appleguard cleaner..and it faded step by step. Then, I applied the conditioner.

I've the standard set, so it comes in conditioner and cleaner. I've heard that conditioner also works as cleaner (on spot that is not really dark) as well.

So I just got my lambskin flap today and it's gorgeous. What should I be doing to protect it now? What do people stuff their bag with when not in use?

i like vectra on delicate leathers -- it protects but doesn't change the color or texture of the leather (some people use scotchguard but i hear it makes the leather feel funny). i stuff my bags with paper -- no plastic!

coco33chanel, you might want to try "Apple Leather Care Kit" first (I called it standard set since it comes with cleaner & conditioner). Don't forget the "Apple Rain and Stain Repellent" for preventing water spot.;)

honeybunch, finally!....CONGRATS!!:yahoo:

i like vectra on delicate leathers -- it protects but doesn't change the color or texture of the leather (some people use scotchguard but i hear it makes the leather feel funny). i stuff my bags with paper -- no plastic!

Kicksarefortwids, I'm still looking for a recommendation for products sold in UK. I don't think they have Vectra here. Also, do you just use ordinary paper to stuff your bag or tissue paper/soft paper?

Honeybeez: I will post a pic when I get my camera back (my sis has borrowed it for her holiday!).

Thanks to you wonderful ladies on here and your help in the Authenticate This thread, I am now the proud owner of my very first Chanel purse. It was an incredible deal, and I am thoroughly in love with my new piece.

The bag is in very good condition, but there appears to be some color transfer from general use, on the back, where it would have rubbed up against clothing, and on the front, on the quilting of the logo. Is there anything I can use to clean it, or should I just take it to Chanel and ask for help?

I keep reading about the Apple Guard cleaner and conditioner- but can I use that on red lambskin? I also read that someone used baby wipes- could I try those? I'm terrified of doing anything to mess this beautiful bag up!

The pictures:
(and ignore the authentication card- these are the pictures the seller took, and she accidently put the wrong card in the pictures, so it doesn't match the hologram tag)

http://picasaweb.google.com/Cherye/Chanel