Chanel is a slippery slope

Go for the beige with GHW!!! U won't regret it!!! I love mine! I was facing the same delimna- choosing between navy and beige. I ultimately chose beige and I LOVE that bag[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

I have the beige clair with shw and I love it!!! But I have to say (since I've become a bit more attracted to ghw recently ;)) that you should go for beige with gold hw... the gold hw makes the beige look warmer, you know what I mean?

so beige clair with ghw! So you have the best of both worlds - both classic colours and hardware combos...

+1 Great advice IMHO!

I have the beige clair with shw and I love it!!! But I have to say (since I've become a bit more attracted to ghw recently ;)) that you should go for beige with gold hw... the gold hw makes the beige look warmer, you know what I mean?

so beige clair with ghw! So you have the best of both worlds - both classic colours and hardware combos...

ITA!!! I was also going between gold and silver and said exactly the same thing you said.... Gold definitely makes the bag warmer [emoji7]

Bought my first Chanel medium flap brand new this year, thinking that this will be my one and only bag, just to own a 'Chanel'. However, I've quickly learnt since that how true Chanel is a slippery slope... and there we go within half a year, I've gone on to own another three bags (preloved).... I kept feeling I need more and kept browsing all the insta seller pages. However, once I got my mini rectangular, I finally feel I'm done buying for this year. I'm fine just browsing and save up all my money for other priorities in my life and perhaps next year?

My chanel collection this year ... Chanel is truly a slippery slope but I'm done for this year at least

View attachment 5070632

Happy for you! Congrats! :flowers:
...such a beautiful collection!
If you could share the secret about how to be content with enough Chanel bags - I would be soooo grateful!:angel::angel::angel:

It‘s been about a year since I have had the idea of only one Chanel in my mind...exact same reason as you mentioned: just owning one Chanel. I kinda fell down the rabbit hole since then:panic: :lol:

Happy for you! Congrats! :flowers:
...such a beautiful collection!
If you could share the secret about how to be content with enough Chanel bags - I would be soooo grateful!:angel::angel::angel:

It‘s been about a year since I have had the idea of only one Chanel in my mind...exact same reason as you mentioned: just owning one Chanel. I kinda fell down the rabbit hole since then:panic: :lol:

Good question! For me, personally it's a combination of "I have enough bags" and guilt! When I bought my first Chanel (the medium flap), I never thought I would fall in love with the bag. So 'only one Chanel' fail there and then :shocked: However, I've quickly realised that the medium flap is not the most ideal bag for crossbody. Although I'm not tall, but I would prefer a longer crossbody length. Plus, I want an everyday bag which medium flap to me its more a special occasion bag.

That brought me to buy my second bag, the business affinity medium bag - which could comfortably crossbody and for everyday use.
Now, not long after, I've felt that I need a bigger bag, to carry all my reusable bags for groceries, long wallet etc.... that brought me to buy my third which is a Chanel Jumbo double flap bag. So I thought I'm finally content.

But no, I have been wanting a YSL bag to wear to my brother's and friends wedding later this year. I had plan to get the YSL envelope bag as it could be crossbody and look really good as an evening bag. In my mind, I asked myself, will I want a Chanel mini (which could be comfortably crossbody, an evening bag plus a single flap bag) after I bought the YSL bag? OR do I just spend extra to get the mini and I wouldn't care if I have the YSL?

So, that's how I bought my last Chanel bag this year. And honestly after that, I just felt like I have enough bags ... I'm done. Besides that, I've gone back to my new year resolution which is to save more money, and felt really guilty I have let myself down and gone back to square one. So yeah, it's a journey to get off the slope for me haha! Not to mention the guilt I have felt each time after I purchased a bag. But, no more, the prelove market is not going anywhere, and I won't have the ability to buy or splurge if I don't have savings. So I am taking care of myself and other priorities in my life now.

Good question! For me, personally it's a combination of "I have enough bags" and guilt! When I bought my first Chanel (the medium flap), I never thought I would fall in love with the bag. So 'only one Chanel' fail there and then :shocked: However, I've quickly realised that the medium flap is not the most ideal bag for crossbody. Although I'm not tall, but I would prefer a longer crossbody length. Plus, I want an everyday bag which medium flap to me its more a special occasion bag.

That brought me to buy my second bag, the business affinity medium bag - which could comfortably crossbody and for everyday use.
Now, not long after, I've felt that I need a bigger bag, to carry all my reusable bags for groceries, long wallet etc.... that brought me to buy my third which is a Chanel Jumbo double flap bag. So I thought I'm finally content.

But no, I have been wanting a YSL bag to wear to my brother's and friends wedding later this year. I had plan to get the YSL envelope bag as it could be crossbody and look really good as an evening bag. In my mind, I asked myself, will I want a Chanel mini (which could be comfortably crossbody, an evening bag plus a single flap bag) after I bought the YSL bag? OR do I just spend extra to get the mini and I wouldn't care if I have the YSL?

So, that's how I bought my last Chanel bag this year. And honestly after that, I just felt like I have enough bags ... I'm done. Besides that, I've gone back to my new year resolution which is to save more money, and felt really guilty I have let myself down and gone back to square one. So yeah, it's a journey to get off the slope for me haha! Not to mention the guilt I have felt each time after I purchased a bag. But, no more, the prelove market is not going anywhere, and I won't have the ability to buy or splurge if I don't have savings. So I am taking care of myself and other priorities in my life now.

My gosh,... yes the guilt. I can relate to your post 1000%:heart:
I LOVE bags, fashion and the history behind the big fashion houses. I plan, research and think about my purchases. No impulse buys yet. But I can‘t deny the guilt that sometimes shadows a purchase a little bit. It‘s just so much money. :annoyed:

I can releate to your journey and the reason for the different Chanels! I would regard your collection as very versatile and well planned! You clearly have something for every occasion now.

I sort of went through a smilar process:

1st bag: Coco handle old small/now medium
(fullsize Chanel bag in dark beige as a more year-round-color than black- I genuinely thought: That‘s the perfect one!)
:P little did I know how caught up I would get. ..

2nd bag: Business Affnity in black
(because I thought everyone should have a black Chanel and the BA was much more casual than the Coco, I was content for about six months)

3rd bag: seasonal flap in black
(this one has a lot of the classic features, but still very much less expensive than classics, I originally wanted a mini but this one won my heart)

and 4th and 5th will be following I am sure!! I mean... I am still missing the mini now ...:biggrin:

My point is: we will always be able to justify the next purchase. There is always a reason. Even if its only the next price increase and the fear that we will not find this particular color/model again....

I am right there with you on spending money on more important things. We should never put luxury first. It comes last. I have a clearly defined budget for my bags and promised myself to never ever in my life touch any other savings or do anything stupid with credit cards just for a bag. That is a line I would never dream of crossing. I plan to allow myself more Chanel, but only well planned and thought through and maybe with selling some LV.

One last thing:
I suppose I do not believe in purse peace- because since I have started buying expensive bags my taste and my needs have already changed. So selling and replacing is just part of my passion.

All the best and good luck with your financial goals!:smile: Wear your bags in good health!:heart:

Here is my little collection...to be continued...:angel:
1619874109991.jpeg

My gosh,... yes the guilt. I can relate to your post 1000%:heart:
I LOVE bags, fashion and the history behind the big fashion houses. I plan, research and think about my purchases. No impulse buys yet. But I can‘t deny the guilt that sometimes shadows a purchase a little bit. It‘s just so much money. :annoyed:

I can releate to your journey and the reason for the different Chanels! I would regard your collection as very versatile and well planned! You clearly have something for every occasion now.

I sort of went through a smilar process:

1st bag: Coco handle old small/now medium
(fullsize Chanel bag in dark beige as a more year-round-color than black- I genuinely thought: That‘s the perfect one!)
:P little did I know how caught up I would get. ..

2nd bag: Business Affnity in black
(because I thought everyone should have a black Chanel and the BA was much more casual than the Coco, I was content for about six months)

3rd bag: seasonal flap in black
(this one has a lot of the classic features, but still very much less expensive than classics, I originally wanted a mini but this one won my heart)

and 4th and 5th will be following I am sure!! I mean... I am still missing the mini now ...:biggrin:

My point is: we will always be able to justify the next purchase. There is always a reason. Even if its only the next price increase and the fear that we will not find this particular color/model again....

I am right there with you on spending money on more important things. We should never put luxury first. It comes last. I have a clearly defined budget for my bags and promised myself to never ever in my life touch any other savings or do anything stupid with credit cards just for a bag. That is a line I would never dream of crossing. I plan to allow myself more Chanel, but only well planned and thought through and maybe with selling some LV.

One last thing:
I suppose I do not believe in purse peace- because since I have started buying expensive bags my taste and my needs have already changed. So selling and replacing is just part of my passion.

All the best and good luck with your financial goals!:smile: Wear your bags in good health!:heart:

Here is my little collection...to be continued...:angel:
View attachment 5071066

Thank you for sharing and thanks very much for your best wishes! Love your collection!! :heart:

Reactions: DamierEbene
My chanel collection this year ... Chanel is truly a slippery slope but I'm done for this year at least

View attachment 5070632
I like to see Business Affinity in your collection and also @DamierEbene ’s. I understand it’s not so popular. I love mine so much that I have a hard time deciding. Like you two (and a lot of us) I also feel the guilt and have been collecting 9 Chanel bags within 2 years. I’ve been trying to reduce half of it. My logic says stay with the classic and get rid of the others. BA is of course a seasonal bag. But I love everything about it that I can’t be apart from it.
I’m wondering though, is your BA lambskin? How do you like yours so far?
Dear @DamierEbene feel free to share your opinion as well. I’d love to hear yours too.

Reactions: DamierEbene
I like to see Business Affinity in your collection and also @DamierEbene ’s. I understand it’s not so popular. I love mine so much that I have a hard time deciding. Like you two (and a lot of us) I also feel the guilt and have been collecting 9 Chanel bags within 2 years. I’ve been trying to reduce half of it. My logic says stay with the classic and get rid of the others. BA is of course a seasonal bag. But I love everything about it that I can’t be apart from it.
I’m wondering though, is your BA lambskin? How do you like yours so far?
Dear @DamierEbene feel free to share your opinion as well. I’d love to hear yours too.

:flowers: Thank you! This is a very interesting discussion!

Yes, the BA is a great bag- and my most used Chanel bag so far.
But I believe it never came out in lambskin, its grained calf.

I feel you- 9 bags in two years is :nuts: AMAZING! But I totally understand why you want to downsize and I see why you are drawn to the classics.

As you said, the guilt is always part of our passion.
That said: it gives me peace of mind to know that the money is not ‚gone‘...the value of the bags is still there. You might not get all your money back when selling, it really depends on wear and tear/color/style/season/how long you had it- but the more classic the bag, the better the resell value. Hence, the more peace of mind.

What I am trying to say: I get why you think you should sell your BA and keep the classics. But there is another important aspect in all of this and I learned that with Louis Vuitton: cost per wear.

The short story: I had three Neverfulls, I thought it is THE bag and EVERYBODY loves it and it has a great resell value, its CLASSIC. But it was not for me.... sold all of them ... cost per wear!? Not that great, but luckily the resell value was great.

With Chanel and Chanel price points I am much more picky and think everything through. I do a lot of research and let my heart decide.

The Coco Handle ist seasonal, yet it comes back every other season. Just like the BA. I mean they have their own clubhouse :lol:

Last week I bought a ‚real‘ seasonal bag, which I don‘t expect to see again in stores. My black seasonal flap you can see in the picture. I tried it on with the mini next to it, with the small classic flap and several others. Yes, the mini would have been a wiser choice regarding price increase etc. - not to mention the classic flap of course.

But I wanted the other one. Knowing exactly that this would be harder to sell for a good price in the future- if I ever will. But I fell in love, the price was great compared to the other bags I tried and it looked still super classic to me. My heart was pounding. Deal was done. Cost per wear?! I can only imagine...had it for a week now :rolleyes::giggle::love:

Keep your BA, if you love it and use it! Get the most wear out of it! What is a collection worth when it doesn‘t serve your purposes and your lifestyle. And keep in mind that even seasonal bags bring back money if you fall out of love. It‘s Chanel! :hbeat:

Wear it in good health!