Chanel Inspired T-Shirt

ProShopper1

Jan 11, 2016
I was browsing outfit ideas for an upcoming trip to Disney World and I came across some really cute takes on Chanel meets Mickey Mouse. I decided I just have to wear one though and marched my tush over to AC Moore. I got a black t-shirt and I'm going to hand embroider the white parts. This is the mockup I made, fingers crossed I can finish on time!

IMG_3615.JPG

Does anyone else have Chanel inspired DIY shirts (or other projects) that they've done?

Last edited:
The double CC isn’t inspired IMO.... it’s a trademark.
It’s fun to be creative and want to come up with something, but using a designers logo isn’t “inspired”, it’s illegal AFAIK.

Reactions: WillstarveforLV
It's not illegal if I'm not selling it, or am I wrong? I'm just making it for myself to wear and enjoy. And I do think the design is inspired because they've never made that full image, that was all Microsoft Word shapes. If they made that and then I copied it, that would be a different story.

It actually really bothered me that you said that (not that I'm saying what you said isn't valid, just that I don't want to do something illegal). I tried to do some research and there seems to be mixed answers. The one thing that everything seemed to agree on is that selling items with the trademark was illegal, which totally makes sense. But again, I'm not selling my shirt to anyone, just wearing it myself.

I stumbled upon a quote when researching that I thought cutely applied:
If you want to be original, be ready to be copied” — Coco Chanel

I also want to add that I wasn't looking to start a discussion on the legalities regarding doing a fun DIY. I just wanted to have a space where some of my fellow Chanel lovers could share their creativity. If this is something that I posted in the wrong spot or that's going to cause problems please move or remove it as necessary.

I didn’t mean to offend. To me the line is crossed when a logo is used, that’s all :smile:
I’m into creativity and think it’s fun to come up with something to combine your fave things.

It doesn't matter if you don't mean to reproduce it. It's a registered trademark and it belongs to Chanel. Trust that they don't want their trademark used this way.

Attachments

• static1.squarespace.com.gif
    static1.squarespace.com.gif
    105.7 KB · Views: 312
Thanks swanky for appreciating that I'm just trying to show some creativity and not do something ill intended :smile:

This is the last I'm responding and the last I'm following this thread. It can be removed by the mods if they wish to erase it because quite honestly it's having the opposite vibe that I intended. I was just trying to create a spot where everyone could show off their creativity regarding a designer they enjoy.

Thanks swanky for appreciating that I'm just trying to show some creativity and not do something ill intended :smile:

This is the last I'm responding and the last I'm following this thread. It can be removed by the mods if they wish to erase it because quite honestly it's having the opposite vibe that I intended. I was just trying to create a spot where everyone could show off their creativity regarding a designer they enjoy.

Just don't lose your creativity, okay? Your intentions were obviously good. :heart:
Legal issues aside, Chanel (and Disney) will both be okay.

Reactions: ProShopper1